MEGATHREAD: SPACs 🤝

There’s a lot of quality DD on r/SPACs

QQ - why PRPB is not ISA eligible?

CRHC is mentioned as not ISA eligible in this list but it is ISA eligible in the app. So could it be an error with PRPB or something fundamental makes it not eligible. Any insights please? thanks

FREYR ethical and enviromentally friendly batteries

SVF Investment Corp: Softbank SPAC. (pls)

L Catterton Asia Acquisition Corp: LVMH-backed SPAC; looking for high-growth opportunities in Asia. Not currently trading but I would appreciate this being considered once the units split.

Both have great management and would be a good addition! I am progressively weary of the SPACs with poor management and those that allow leaks pre DA.

1 Like

Key Points

• London Stock Exchange Group CEO David Schwimmer warned of “froth” in the red-hot SPAC market.
  • Excess in U.S. SPACs “could end poorly” for investors, Schwimmer told reporters Friday.
  • A U.K. government-backed review is calling for reforms to London’s listings regime.

“I think it’s important that investors, regulators, market participants use SPACs appropriately,” David Schwimmer, LSE Group CEO

“The market will naturally flush some of this excess out,” David Solomon, GS CEO

Just pinging this over here too:

1 Like

can we have GWAC please Sam, just announced merger with Cipher Mining

@Freetrade_Team @Viktor

Can we look to list SOAC spac and TMC ticker when it trades?

SPAC Sustainable Opportunities (NYSE:SOAC) confirmed a transaction to take DeepGreen Metals public in a deal that values the combined company at $2.9b. SOAC gained 0.5% in premarket trading.

Upon closing, the combined company will operate as The Metals Company and is expected to be listed under the ticker TMC. The deal is expected to close in the second quarter.

The combined company is expected to have about $570m in cash, assuming no redemptions. The Metals Company plans to start commercial production of battery metals as soon as 2024.

2 Likes

Beware of the SPAC!

1 Like

Any chance of adding Altimeter Growth Corp? Grab was on my list (alongside Stripe) if it ever went public

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-12/grab-said-in-advanced-talks-to-merge-with-altimeter-s-first-spac

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.