Moderna Inc 🧬 💉 (MRNA)

Yep time to sell leaders in a revolutionary technology which has huge potential for the coming decades.

2 Likes

But that has skyrocketed recently and faces a lot of challengers in the market no?

1 Like

Good news for them re boosters. And also a supply gap from Novavax shows how hard new entrants will find the mRNA space

2 Likes

So this is the next new thing on the block to skyrocket?

1 Like

Have you heard something :thinking:

Their flu shots not bad, not amazing.

Interesting news on the cause of MS - this study ties it to EBV, for which Moderna have a vaccine in trials.

2 Likes

So is this article suggesting the MS is not genetically inherited like previously thought or partially thought anyway. Other studies have also suggested environmental factors such as climate as MS suffers mainly come from the Northern hemisphere.

Think i preferred when this was a meme stock. sorry start to the year with this

Yeah EBV clearly looks like it’s part of the cause, but since most adults have had EBV (eg it causes glandular fever) other factors must be present in MS. Massive piece of research, potentially very exciting for treatments and prevention.

1 Like

I’m down 36% on my holding of MRNA (I was a late starter) but this may be a time to buy?

It may yet :rocket: again!

1 Like

I just bought some on the way down, wish me luck! They have a PE of 10
right now which does not seem unreasonable but I’d say future revenues depend on successful vaccines for other diseases, not just covid. For now they fall with all the other biotech names though.

1 Like

Yes, fingers crossed! Whether these are corrections or not, long term - you never know!

I’ll be topping up in the next few days, if only to get my average down!

Getting to the stage now where an acquisition might be on the cards

So much good news and no moving :cry::thinking:

Basically one major analyst (at Redburn) gave it a fair value of $165 a while ago. What you have to ask yourself now is how that was computed. And the answer is that it includes expected revenues up to 2027. Those revenues are all Covid related and are expected to decrease by 2027. For the share to have a higher value the company will need to have confirmed new cash pipelines.

You can reasonably expect it to trade in the region that it is trading in today with some sentiment giving it small bumps up and down until new cashflow pipelines come into being.

2 Likes

According to Redburn they are now at fair value based just on Covid vaccines then. Personally I expect them to keep falling with the US market for a while, unless Powell does a u-turn soon, so hope to buy a bit more.

IMO the best reason for investing in this stock now is if you believe mRNA vaccines are going to prove useful for other conditions, not just coronavirus, they have a few things in trials, notably a vaccine for EBV, but trials take a looong time and the outcome is uncertain. Coronavirus will trail on and they might make a bit of money from that in the next couple of years, but obviously they need other products to be worth more in future. Exciting to see where this goes though.

1 Like

I think that this is the reason mRNA vaccines were brought out now. They were considered dangerous to test pre-pandemic but risk is relative, so rolling out this new tech during a pandemic was a no-brainer risk-wise.

I think that they will prove incredibly useful and I have a sneaking suspicion that the fast-tracked safety trials used in the pandemic (by doing all the usual tests in parallel rather than linearly) may offer a compressed time-line for drug approval in the future. It has so far been a great success (subject to any long term vaccine side-effects).

I have high hopes about their Intratumoral Immuno-Oncology and cancer vaccines but they have plenty more in the pipe-line.

1 Like

I’m hoping for them to be 400 this year :wink:

Some things here are wrong and lean towards conspiracy theory even though I’m sure you didn’t even intend it.
Long-term side effects from vaccines are a hoax, it just doesn’t exist. You can have side-effects happening immediately and persist for the long term, but it’s not possible for a vaccine to cause anything months or years from now.

Just to clarify.
Also, they weren’t considered dangerous, but too unstable to be used.

1 Like