Monday Morning Milestones XIII - everything you need to know for the week ahead

Some blue. And less red. Nothing more sophisticated than that for me, as I am at my current optimum level and balance of investment.

:grinning:

1 Like

Morning Folks :ocean:

What are we looking out for this week? I’m in on Xpeng for the winner takes it all Chinese EV maker.

3 Likes

Lucid for me. Ever the optimist!

1 Like

Not much to write home about this week. Lucid and biontech might be interesting.

Some ETF’s pay a dividend this week, but other than that, nothing else comes to mind.

1 Like

It seems a little quiet on the reporting front. Let’s see what surprises Putin / Biden / Zelenski have up their sleeves then.

Looks like some insurance companys are at bargin prices at the moment i.e. Legal & Genral Direct Line, ABRDN. May be a few months to see any potential gains.

Things are getting quiet before we approach the Q1 earnings release season. A couple of notable companies here.

When ever I see WD40 as a separate company I’m always surprised, feels like it should have been swallowed up into a conglomerate before nose.

Cazoo - The UK based “yeah you can” second hand car dealer should post decent numbers, with 2nd hand prices rising their margins will have come under pressure. I think it’s interesting and disappointing that they went with a nasdaq listing.

4 Likes

Gosh, there are only two companies I recognise in that lot: Levis and WD-40!

2 Likes

It’s lacking the star power you get earlier in the quarterly cycle isn’t it

2 Likes

It’s quiet week when I don’t have a divi on this graph :rofl: Big month coming up though!

1 Like

There is a fair amount of tumble weed until when there are a few decent names. Anyone holding or changing anything on here?

Big days on Wednesday for the latest UK inflation results quickly followed on the 14th with the US numbers.

4 Likes

Don’t hold any of those, TSMC be interesting, probably going to be putting good numbers out this year considering Samsung’s struggles with their 5nm node yields and Intel not close either
Intel are using TSMC for their new Arc GPUs, Nvidia been buying up 5nm capacity for their upcoming 40 series GPUs as well.

Infosys might get more eyes on its financial report than normal considering some of the news over the last week :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I saw that, the company nobody cared about until some leaked the chancellors wife’s tax status. I wonder who that someone could be, is someone feeling threatened?

2 Likes

Little more life this week. What are you looking out for?

I’m be watching, but not owning, Netflix & Tesla.

I think the thg update on the 21st has most interest for me next week

2 Likes

Just ASML from the coming week.

I’m not familiar with them. They don’t make whispering videos on you tube do they?

3 Likes

They need to give me some good new. They need to also start acting like a public company!

Familiarise yourself then. Some call it the most important/innovative European company :smiley: