Mondi - MNDI 📦

Mondi is a global leader in packaging and paper with innovative and sustainable packaging and paper solutions.

Fully integrated across the packaging and paper value chain - from managing forests and producing pulp, paper and plastic films, to developing and manufacturing effective industrial and consumer packaging solutions.

100 production sites across more than 30 countries, employing around 26,000 people.

Hi TradeRunner,

Mondi (MNDI) is available already on Freetrade on the general account (not sure about ISA).

Thank Rust - you’re totally correct, I somehow missed it when I was looking for it :slightly_smiling_face:

As Rust said, it is already available :slight_smile:

They announced that CEO Peter Oswald will be stepping down at the end of March.

CFO Andrew King will take on the role on an interim basis until a successor is appointed.

Shares are down, while we are having a bull market. :cow:

There is softening demand and a quite poor pricing environment, based on my reading:

• Uncoated fine paper prices have been lower
  • So were pulp prices.
  • Kraft paper grades saw demand bolstered by the drive to replace plastic bags.Pricing remained above 2018 levels.
  • Fibre packaging saw “sharp price erosion” over the first half of 2019.

I invested for the dividends, but planning to sell my shares on Monday. I think I didn’t appreciate the downward direction a paper company can take.

Change my mind?

1 Like

I’m in a similar boat to you. They were one of my original purchases, but don’t really fit my portfolio anymore.

I won’t sell at a loss, but will look to flip them before long.

1 Like

Nice. I hope you won’t make a loss. I’m taking a £40 hit, but I hope I will make it up on other companies.

1 Like

I only bought ten shares - I’m down about 2% hope you make it back!

1 Like

Here’s an article regarding @beluga’s post above

The Mondi Board has recommended payment of a final ordinary dividend of 55.72 euro cents per share, bringing the total ordinary dividend for the year to 83.0 euro cents per share, an increase of 9% on 2018.

Other financial highlights include:

• Underlying EBITDA of €1,658 million, with margin of 22.8%
  • Operating profit of €1,221 million
  • Cash generated from operations of €1,635 million
  • ROCE of 19.8%
  • Strong balance sheet at 1.3x net debt to 12-month trailing underlying EBITD

https://www.dividendmax.com/dividend-investor-news/4793/mondi-announce-a-recommended-full-year-ordinary-dividend-of-830-euro-cents-per-share-up-9-percent