Monthly Dividend Galore

Realty Income is a reliable payer, but it does not pay much dividends. Similar consideration may apply to Main as well. I keep asking myself whether Iโ€™m doing the right thing focusing so much on such a small inflow of dividends, missing out on opportunities to accumulate money and increase my overall investment at a much faster pace.

Why are you investing in monthly payers?

I hate Mondays LOL!

It doesnโ€™t pay much??? Over 75c a 1/4 not many that pay more
If there is over the 1/4 do share :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

$PFLT is my latest monthly payer, going nicely at the minute. Good to have one that pays on the 1st of the month also.

2 Likes

Not familiar with PFLT, added to the list of BDC to check out.

Meanwhile, after realising once again that money does not grow on trees, Iโ€™ve decided to slow down and let the dividends flow in before buying more high income stocks. Iโ€™ll keep the cash to average down long positions (if and when needed).

Only exception has been doubling up my TPVG position. Not a monthly payer, but one of those hard to ignore high yield BDCโ€™s . Amen.

1 Like

Also been getting a nice monthly dividend from $SCM this year.
I like to keep 7 or 8 monthly payers in my portfolio to smooth things out.

3 Likes

A little update.

I took the harsh desicision to get rid of most of all my US REIT holdings, as their relative low dividend yield combined with the 15% US div tax make them less attractive than many alternative monthly and quarterly payers. Especially BDCs.

This is with some decent gains to make up for the loss of a few months dividends, while the new positions are being built.

4 Likes