Oakley Capital Investments - OCI - Share Chat

LON: OCI

Oakley Capital Investments allows exposure to a consistently returning private equity fund. I’m expecting PE and alts in general to outperform traditional asset classes so can we get this stock included?

Hi there,

Yes it would be great if we could please consider adding Oakley indeed, decent discount to nav and some interesting investment themes that could be valuable and complementary if added in addition to the other pe trusts already available on the platform.

PR

Upvoting this one :arrow_up:

Hi @Alex_B this was changed to a stock discussion on 15th November bit it’s not arrived in app. Do you know if there is a problem? Cc @Rajan07

1 Like

Hi there,

Any update to add this UK stock eventually given the recent flow of news for EU stock additions?

PR

Hi @NeilB @PrudentRabbit @ysibre,

Thanks for your patience - Oakley Capital is now live on your app!

3 Likes

Thanks! :pray:

Amazing thanks Alex!

PR

@Mikepike

Looks like it was already on the app. Guess it was considered a ‘complex’ investment or whatever…

1 Like

Oh god another dart thrown at a wall when blindfolded!

Have you got it?

Yeap, same than with Apax got removed cause it is ‘complex’. Hopefully they will be reinstated soon!

PR

I am afraid I think it’s unlikely.

A good time to buy Oakley capital 30% discount.
No doubt it will be back on when it’s on a premium!!

1 Like

Hey @Mikepike - I was just checking in with the team on OCI (and Apax, too). The stamp duty tax treatment with OCI is unique, so it requires a bit more work to be able to offer.

Apax Global Alpha unfortunately is intended only for advised retail investors (you can read about the target market in its KID). So at this stage we won’t be able to offer that one.

1 Like

@acamp
Only interested in Oakley. I got the impression it was on the platform before??
So I find it difficult to see why it can’t go on again?

It is domiciled in Bermuda so would not pay SDRT.
Nor Bermuda taxes as below?
“International businesses and partnerships ordinarily register as exempted companies and, as such, are not subject to stamp duty.” The latter sounds like Jersey and Guernsey tax rules.
Have I got that right?

Thank you for your time

You’re beyond me on the specifics! I can investigate further. It’s potentially the fact that we need to exempt transactions from SDRT that’s the issue.

Thanks for the heads-up, would be fantastic to get Oakley back! Re Apax, the KID states its also for professional investor, not sure what is currently in the fit / appropriateness test that has been recently implemented for complex investments but a simple tick box for people working in finance (or PE) should be added in that case (that’s what is on seedrs, crowdcube or other brokers).

This share is on a 32% discount… undeservedly. Would be nice if you got a move on on this. Some maybe able to get it into there ISA this year.

Any update potentially on that front? That would be much helpful!
PR