Optimal Portfolio Allocations

2 cents.

Investment advice is against the Community rules here.

Also, I guess it all depends on what you want - high risk, low risk, etc etc etc. Your asset allocation is your choice and noone can predict the future performance of each asset class (US govies vs JPM govies or MSCI EM vs FTSE). Sometimes bonds are moving in one direction and equities - in another. Sometimes - they are dancing in unison.

Wall Street doesn’t know what’s going to happen other than the fact that we’re in a global recession.

It’s a new new normal:

So, on the marco level, things will be flying up and down, left and right like never before, most likely.

Check out this thread and read the book:

Note, Ray Dalio’s fund has not done well this time - it’s not managed to weather this storm (at least on paper, he’s finally making losses).

As for “property ETFs”, you may want to study what goes into each of those ETFs. Apple is a different company to Netflix, but they may be bundled into the same “tech ETF” by “BigFund Capital Management”.

Also, you may want to read up more, e.g. this:

Getting started in the market doesn’t have to be daunting, though. There are ways to begin investing for the future without taking on too much risk: Both Warren Buffett and Tony Robbins recommend starting with index funds, especially for anyone young or new to the market.

“Consistently buy an S&P 500 low-cost index fund,” Buffett told CNBC’s On The Money. “I think it’s the thing that makes the most sense practically all of the time.”

You can think of an index fund as a basket of stocks with hundreds or thousands of different ones inside, explains Nick Holeman, a certified financial planner at Betterment. The S&P 500, for example, is a fund that holds stocks for the 500 largest companies in the U.S., which includes familiar names such as Apple, Google, Exxon and Johnson & Johnson.

“It’s the cheapest and easiest way to diversify your money that you’re investing,” Holeman says.

0:00

Passive investing should be cheap and hassle-free, imho.

“I think the best way is a low-cost index fund. I do not think people really should be making individual stock picks with their savings. I think that’s generally been demonstrated to be not such a good idea. If you want to do it as entertainment like gambling — like you bet on football games — fine, but I think you’re better off in a low-cost index fund, like a Vanguard index fund.”

(He’s a book author and a former bond salesman).

Each to their own. Do own homework. This is not an investment advice.

1 Like