Pershing Square Tontine Holdings - PSTH - Share Chat

Prost :beers:

1 Like

ARM or Daimler could be interesting…

2 Likes

Would love it to be ARM :mechanical_arm:

3 Likes

Can’t stop giggling at this, just encapsulates everything surrounding this SPAC. Glad Bill seems to find it all funny too.

2 Likes

We are all very excited. We all want to know which company is Ackman’s Target :smiling_imp: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Ha, this is why we can’t have nice things :joy:

Very close to closing it :joy: some people just really don’t know how to behave

What’s being discussed?

It was a Penn State alumni event

Will watch the whole video later, but R PSTH is blowing up with some interesting breakdowns.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gspRtvH3xFs&feature=youtu.be

If you’ve not got the time, I heavily recommend watching this!

Few people pointing out he said “I look forward to being able to talk about the deal” implying there’s a target / talks happening!

4 Likes

“Working on some interesting things that I’d love to be able to talk about, but I can’t” implies a deal is being struck right? Early on he was able to say who he’d approached and what their thoughts were (Airbnb, Stripe etc)

1 Like

Very happy we can rule out any hyped EV company too :joy:

4 Likes
1 Like

There’s now a user on r/PSTH saying if it is Starlink he’ll get a “Green Eggs & SPAC” tattoo :joy:

Reddit is wild sometimes

1 Like

I’ve just read theory on a company that I’ve not seen suggested before. What company you ask? Drum roll please…:drum:

Universal Studios or NBCUniversal

“Two of PSTH board members are legends in the media industry, being Lisa Gersh and Michael Ovitz. It’s hard to find two greater influences in this spectrum in one boardroom. Hell, even Jackie Reses was/is on the NPR board of directors, and that’s a media play. Square Capital's Jacqueline Reses Elected To NPR Board Of Directors : NPR

1. Conventional media= CNBC, NBC, USA, Telemundo
  2. Streaming= Peacock and they have the Premier League now (in the US), this is huge.
  3. Amusement Park =Islands of Adventure and Univeral Studios which both include Harry Potter contracts/elements…

What other industry stands to gain more in a post covid world? Also, they’re expanding their park’s footprint rapidly, with a new section (epic universe/Nintendo) opening in 2023-2024, and that costs money, perhaps billions.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2019/11/27/more-work-ahead-at-future-epic-universe-site.html

Disney is up more than 2X since the pandemic, and they partake in each of the above 3 business segments. They are a force to be reckoned with, and NBCUniversal could use some help to make sure they stay relevant and even thrive. Michael Ovitz used to be Disney’s president, so he’d know as well as anyone how to challenge it.

An NBCUniversal spinoff has been suggested for years.
Recent

Back to 2008
Time Warner Cable Spinoff And Those NBC Universal Rumors

8 Likes

Also thought I’d leave this link here if anyone was curious to what this weird colour PSTH is today :joy:

3 Likes

That is a really good shout. Never really understood the comms M&A craze in America, must have been fuelled by executive payouts and desperate attempts to catch DIS. But it does all make sense, even with absolutely no rumours (is that a good thing?) aside from some analyst recommendations.

I wanted to see how big NBCUniversal would be separately, luckily Comcast provide their financials:

2020 Revenue: $28b
2020 Adjusted EBITDA: $6.2b (thats 29% lower than 2019 so it fits the distressed/cheap valuation theme)

I don’t think it would trade at DIS multiples but around 2-3x sales and 10x seems achievable, so around $60b, unless Bill managed to agree terms months ago in which case could be lower.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend checking the price after today :cry:

Saying that, it looks like some markets took a hit today, especially Tech. Interesting to see PSTH moving with the Tech stocks though, is the market assuming Bill has bagged a Tech unicorn?

Ouch, I remember he did reference the Nasdaq not doing so well in the Wharton session, so i think that is where the link has been made with pure tech play, alongside possibly missing Q1 deadline most people are expecting.