Polymetal International - POLY - Share Chat

I topped up yesterday. HL are doing well out of me… :expressionless:. I hope at some point I’ll be able to sell the HL shares and rebuy for my FT ISA.

I thought the final dividend was different in that it couldn’t be cancelled

Which implies that this development caught investors quite heavily by surprise.

You’re correct a final dividend cannot be cancelled but only once it’s been announced. Polymetal cancelled the meeting to vote on the dividend - which is almost the same thing but well not.

3 Likes

Agreed. Buying into Imperial Tobacco is immoral. Yet they remain listed.

1 Like

Massive bounce on this today 30% plus. Any ideas why and any update on dividend payment this year. ??

2 Likes

Any idea what’s going on? Apparently they are going to be delisting? What will hapoend to FreeTrade shareholders while they move to kazachs stock exchange?

I took the inclination that the move to Kazakhstan would essentially mean a forced sale as I don’t think freetrade supports AIX. Sold off my small holding just now for a meagre £9 profit, was over £100 2 days ago, but going to invest in something greener and more local to get out of the risky Russian linked businesses. If I had assurances from Freetrade that I could hold the shares I’d probably still have them counting on the dividends being reinstated, but with the price tumbling and me thinking a forced sale is imminent best to just get out on par rather than have to sell for a loss. Who knows I probably should have held on to them and they’ll bounce back to £10 per share in 2 years. I know that my timings of buying and selling are almost the exact opposite of optimal.

I see price drop as time to buy more,
not on here anyway as FT have morals Russia = bad
and even if delisted wont be till 2024, plus would need the vote of shareholders too
2024 . plenty of time for 1 side or the other to win the war

It won’t nesssasily lead to a forced sale. They can list synthetic equivalent shares of the company on LSE provided FCA approves after the re-dom to Kazakhstan.

Unfortunately that ship has sailed. I’ve sold my holdings (for a decent 8% gain) and bought into something else. Just wishing I had sold when it would have been a 50% gain :stuck_out_tongue: