REITs in ISA and more US REITs

I was checking the road map and there no longer appears to be any mention of the plans to get REITs in the ISA wrapper that was mentioned before. Is this no longer on the action plans? I know some of Freetrade rival platforms do it so it’s not a limitation issue. Is this still being looked at?

Also are there any plans for some of the bigger US based REITs that are still missing on Freetrade Realty Income Corp, FRT?

13 Likes

@Viktor is it possible for some clarification please

1 Like

This was in Viktor’s latest email:

“Starting next week, we’ll take a break from adding stocks weekly, and we’ll work on adding community requests that pose more technical or operational complexity.”

So I’m guessing REITs, Nationality Declaration stocks and US REITs in ISAs are all covered under the complexity banner.

Guessing and assuming isn’t ideal though. It’s a bit worrying that they’ve completely ignored multiple posts and questions in regards to these topics recently. Not normally a good sign to go with the assumption even if we can’t get a quick clarification. Literally would take the right person 2 mins to update us all.

3 Likes

Spot on, poor communication

3 Likes

I completely agree. I was only trying to give you as much information as I had. I would still rather have an actual statement saying:

“We are now working on ‘x’ with planned delivery dates of ‘x’.”

1 Like

@Viktor / @Freetrade_Team it’s been over a month since we heard anything on this - could you or someone from the Freetrade team give an update on this topic one way or the other? Please :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Freetrade_Team any chance of some clarification on this please? The fact no-one has mentioned anything in regards to this recently makes it seem worrying. Could you update us please?

1 Like

I wonder if the requests posing technical/operational complexity have to do with Plus being launched.

I’m more concerned that we are blatantly being ignored completely by Freetrade. All the staff members that have been tagged are frequently replying to other members in other threads. It’s clearly intentional which makes me wonder if US REITs are even being worked on at all anymore as well as REITs in an ISA wrapper. After seeing how disappointing the new plus is in regards to its price point whilst rivals offer the Same for free, they also offer REITs in an ISA wrapper and key US REITs. Added along with just being ignored completely maybe next years isa will be time to try out the rival.

Time will tell what would the most prudent move be.
As of now i believe the team are just being cheeky, with a possibility of springing this as a surprise.
Either that or it’s on the backburner.
I had brought the subject up when i couldn’t find any info on the new roadmap and was told REITs in ISA are still a thing being worked on. This was 2 months ago, mind,and i haven’t seen any updated info,

1 Like

It’s just frustrating as previously I found Freetrade to be very transparent and open in regards to answering questions, it was that smaller family company touch that made me like the platform. I’m in limbo as having access to these REITs right now whilst the prices are at a lower valuation is really important and I don’t even know if it’s in Freetrades near future plans or not.

1 Like

Personally i would like to dip in while rates are low, as I don’t know when this will change.

Hi @Viktor / @Freetrade_Team could we get an update or a date for an ETA for US REITs/REITs in ISAs please? I think I read a vague comment it was being worked on but there was no date given and there’s nothing I can see on the Roadmap/Building Freetrade page. Would like piece of mind it’s still being worked on and an idea of when it is expected to roll out.

2 Likes

The lack of response at all despite the fact the staff members do read the forums on here pretty much says it all in regards to this topic and the near future tbh. Really disappointed in Freetrade and their lack of transparency in regards to this :frowning:

1 Like

Agree a simple confirmation that its on the roadmap and will be delivered in the next ‘x’ months would be be all that’s required :slight_smile:

Or confirm its been scrapped in favour of developing out Freetrade Plus :wink:

1 Like

Hahaha :joy:

In all honesty at this stage I wouldn’t even mind all that much if I heard they had to put this on the hold to focus on other things like Plus, or other features. It’s just been so disappointing to hear no reply on the topic despite numerous questions from a few people, meanwhile other topics get responses all the time.

2 Likes

8 Likes

@Viktor @Freetrade_Team you guys regularly comment on other threads is it possible you could please give us an update on Freetrade stance going forward in regards to US REITs being added in general and also all REITs available in an ISA wrapper please?

Personally, I’ve given up on waiting for US REITs on Freetrade. I started a Trading 212 account which I am using to invest in all the things I can’t access through Freetrade. So at the moment that would be REITs, the VanEck Vectors eSports ETF, Canadian Solar etc.

I like Freetrade though, and they generally seem like nice people. So I will keep using Freetrade for investing in the things that they offer.

It’s just a shame that it can’t all be together on Freetrade.

3 Likes