[Request for feedback] New Stock Fundamentals Feature - 52 wk high/low

Hi Everyone,

We are working on a series of new features to improve our stock fundamentals and would appreciate your feedback to help us iterate the product over the coming weeks. We want to work with the community to help shape this product.

One of our first releases will be a new 52 wk high/low slider on the instrument screen.

• Is this feature helpful?
  • Does it make sense what data is being presented?
  • Can we improve it further?

This will be one of the first releases to improve the information we provide on stocks. Watch this space. Looking forward to your feedback!

When you invest your capital is at risk, the value of your investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than what you invest. Past performance isnā€™t a reliable indicator of future returns.

30 Likes

Soā€¦ when is that feature being turned on?

Hi @tbutz - Thanks for responding. The build work will start soon on this feature with other stock fundamentals features already in development (launch coming in the next couple of weeks). With this product we are looking to deliver quickly and iteratively to bring more value to our customers.

Do you have any feedback on the feature itself?

3 Likes

Hi @Max_R ā€¦ interesting idea, and mostly like it.

Rather than having a static 52 Week range, couldnā€™t it be associated to the 1D, 7D, 1M, 1Y, MAX selection that the user makes?

Going by the screenshot, 1M is selected so wouldnā€™t it be nice that the ā€˜sliderā€™ (itā€™s not really a slider since a user canā€™t slide it) shows the Min/Max in that range?

10 Likes

Hi @Max_R :wave: For the sake of consistency the phase ā€œ52 weeksā€ should be ā€œ1 Yearā€ as itā€™ll match the graph above.

I like be awesome if this wider could change to match the graph in view.

:sauropod: :+1:

6 Likes

Would add High, Low text to the associated numbers

4 Likes

Disclosure: Iā€™m an idiot.

Is it a slider or an indicator? Because it has the visual appearance of being a slider that I can swoosh about with my finger hoof but I think itā€™s meant to be a visual representation of the shareā€™s current price with the extremes of the bar being the 52 week low and high?

Maybe if it was shaded differently, red at one end, green at the other, or framed with a border or set against a different coloured background or something else to make it look less interactive and touchable?

7 Likes

I think that would be a good addition and itā€™s something I would take note of when viewing a stock.

Personally I would keep it as ā€˜52 Week Rangeā€™ as thatā€™s the industry standard and I wouldnā€™t add a sliding scale of colour.

9 Likes

Hi all, thanks for the excellent feedback. You have all pointed out rightly that it is not a slider! This is a visual representation of the 52 week high/low which is not interactive (at least in this iteration).

Let me take them one by one.

@mikesmart - Interesting idea to have it adjust based on the timeframe above. General industry use of this feature tends to focus on the 52 week range but I agree that there is more opportunity in the charting (or elsewhere) to surface this information. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi @Max_R ā€¦ interesting idea, and mostly like it.

Rather than having a static 52 Week range, couldnā€™t it be associated to the 1D, 7D, 1M, 1Y, MAX selection that the user makes?

Going by the screenshot, 1M is selected so wouldnā€™t it be nice that the ā€˜sliderā€™ (itā€™s not really a slider since a user canā€™t slide it) shows the Min/Max in that range?

@NeilB thanks for the feedback. ā€œ52 weekā€ is the industry norm but itā€™s a valid piece of feedback and might be something we could solve in the charting space in the future.

Hi @Max_R :wave: For the sake of consistency the phase ā€œ52 weeksā€ should be ā€œ1 Yearā€ as itā€™ll match the graph above.

I like be awesome if this wider could change to match the graph in view.

:sauropod: :+1:

@winnie Good spot.

Would add High, Low text to the associated numbers

@CashCow you are not an idiot, that was my mistake with the language. We did explore some colour concepts but they started to introduce further complexity.

Disclosure: Iā€™m an idiot.

Is it a slider or an indicator? Because it has the visual appearance of being a slider that I can swoosh about with my finger hoof but I think itā€™s meant to be a visual representation of the shareā€™s current price with the extremes of the bar being the 52 week low and high?

Maybe if it was shaded differently, red at one end, green at the other, or framed with a border or set against a different coloured background or something else to make it look less interactive and touchable?

@hookedinvesting Thanks for the feedback.

I think that would be a good addition and itā€™s something I would take note of when viewing a stock.

Personally I would keep it as ā€˜52 Week Rangeā€™ as thatā€™s the industry standard and I wouldnā€™t add a sliding scale of colour.

Loving the feedback, keep it coming.

4 Likes

Couple of other things while Iā€™m hereā€¦ the little notch probably shouldnā€™t be purple as that tends to be a call for actionā€¦ going back to itā€™s not really a slider.

And maybe thereā€™s an opportunity to pop in another notch or two which could show if a user has an active limit order (buy or sell) and/or stop loss.

1 Like

I genuinely love the fact that the community is getting to help build the new bots of the app, feels like the old days :wink:

This is absolutely not meant as criticism but I would hope that internally using a phase like the industry norm would lead to someone being put on the WeWork equivalent of the naughty step. @adam didnā€™t start Freetrade just to follow the the norms, as the tax dodging Gary Barlow once sung ā€œNever forget where youā€™re coming fromā€

5 Likes

Can we get a moderator in here please? Can someone permaban @NeilB for singing and linking to Take That songs?

Even 4chan wouldnā€™t tolerate that.

9 Likes

I think this is a nice piece of feedback, on first glance it might not be immediately obvious. But itā€™s not an easy one to sort.

Hereā€™s what yahoo looks like

I think this does a better job in implying itā€™s not interactive. Itā€™s not the same as any traditional ā€˜sliderā€™ where the current example for freetrade is far more slidery :sweat_smile: than indicatory :sweat_smile: (neither of those are words)

A very minor thing though.

Maybe if the indicator didnā€™t expand outside the bounds of the slide ?

5 Likes

Please put it as a horizontal line on the graph too :+1:

Yahoo was my comparator, too.
Looks useful as is, but the colour of the current price indicator does indeed look like an active element, which would make me want to fiddle with it, at least initially. Therefore Iā€™d prefer to keep it black as Iā€™m not sure another colour from the Freetrade palette (orange/teal) would be desirable. But thatā€™s quite detailed nitpicking.

Looking forward to seeing all the other data from the screenshot in the app!

1 Like

I really like it! Yes the word slider was a bit confusing but it is a real simple and clear visual to see how it is performing on the last year min/max. I think maybe another stock would show it better with the current not so close to the min mark.

To me this is a very nice improvement whilst keeping it nice and clean :+1:

2 Likes

Can we also have 3 months and/or 6 months added?

1 month to 1 year is a long time period.

1 Like

Agreed with the above comments that the UI makes it look like you can slide it. Maybe a small arrow might work better?

Or maybe a bar - like this?

Bar

And yes it would be useful, though I tend to use % view compared to the 52-week range. So Iā€™d prefer a %. But value is useful.

1 Like

Not sure how I missed this postā€¦

But agree with mostly everything everyone said above!

Iā€™d love this addition of a 52w graph.