Robinhood - plans to go public

Robinhood is preparing to go public. “Not in the immediate term, but it’s something we’re thinking about very much in the future,” CEO Baiju Bhatt told the TechCrunch Disrupt conference. The zero-fee trading app, which rolled out about three years ago, surpassed rival E-Trade Financial (NASDAQ:ETFC) in May and has a total of 5M brokerage accounts.

5 Likes

Thanks @Mojo786

Some more information:

Surprised they hadn’t recruited a CFO by this stage.

4 Likes

Thanks. Valuation 5 B + , wonder how long it will take Freetrade to get a million users registered.

1 Like

Guessing next year. Freetrade have some very talented people on the case :slightly_smiling_face:

Looking forward to seeing Robinhood’s ultimate valuation when they float.

5 Likes

I wonder what valuation Freetrade will IPO at :eyes:

1 Like

hmmm… Robinhood Is Making Millions Selling Out Their Millennial Customers To High-Frequency Traders | Seeking Alpha

3 Likes

There will be a few valuation metrics to measure freetrade against and this is great news for freetrade and its investors, including myself. Also, FT are heading to Europe/the EU. You don’t have to have the most cash and be first to do well in the market. You do have to scale Airbnb-style fast though if you want to become the de facto number 1 in my view. RH have taken too long to enter the UK—by the time they launch, plenty of existing old firms will have “good enough” mobile apps and fancy sites and continue ripping off clients.

1 Like