Rolls-Royce - RR - Share Chat

Hi Max, welcome to the forum :wave:

We plan to add this stock, but it’ll take a little longer due to some additional work required around nationality declaration.

Read more about that here:

Does that mean that the issue is nearly solved with nationality declarations? It has been 3 years for something fairly fundamental!

A little longer sounds as though the wait could nearly be over or is that too optimistic?

4 Likes

All estimates and targets up to now have been wildly optimistic.

1. Nat Dec doesn’t support massive growth.
  2. Nat Dec stocks don’t seem to support target audience (it seems crypto is being developed, hinting at a different demographic)
  3. Not having NatDec is a pain, but not a deal breaker. (E.g. it has always been the biggest downside for FT for me, and I still use the platform and pay for plus)

I look forward to the distant future when I get that in-app notification that I need to declare my nationality, but until then, I won’t hold my breath.

To be honest, the main frustration at the beginning was being told it was around the corner (i.e. week/months away). Comms seem to be more realistic now, which I appreciate.

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

Incoming: Rolls-Royce has landed. :flight_arrival:

One of the most requested stocks ever is now available to trade on your app.

This is the first in a series of highly anticipated stocks we’re looking forward to launching over the next month, including nationality declaration stocks.

When you invest your capital is at risk, the value of your investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than what you invest.

27 Likes

I never thought this day would come.

Thank you FT team :smiley:

7 Likes

I was reading your last post on the thread last night, just thinking that you’d be pleased with the surprise this morning!

Lots more to come!

9 Likes

Order keeps getting rejected???

Amazing work! Thanks @acamp and all the brokerage / tech team who’ve drop a nice Easter present!

I don’t suppose someone fancies writing a blog post / community post about the workings behind how this was put together do they. Some of us nerds might find it interesting.

8 Likes

Well done on this.

1 Like

I bought ÂŁ10 just so am in with the cool kids :smiley:

3 Likes

Today’s the day! Finally bought some RR shares :blush: Thanks to the Freetrade Team for making this happen.

1 Like

I noticed it marked as completed in my forum notifications. Does that mean Nationality Declarations are now active on Freetrade and has someone actually bought them?

How many planes with RR engines has Russia taken out of circulation with its seizures? I read that these planes will likely never be allowed in a lot of airspace again because no one can guarantee they’ve been maintained properly. Will this hurt RR’s maintenance contract revenue?

1 Like

RR is active now and the others are going to be shipped within a month - there’s a bit of Engineering work to enable them.

5 Likes

Yessir :smiley:

11 Likes

Bought and in my portfolio, didn’t need to complete anything just goes through like a normal purchase.

2 Likes

Did you buy ÂŁ10.99s worth just to one up me you bad girl

1 Like

WooooooooooHoooooooooooo finally. Just BAE and i can sack off Trading 212 :smile:

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter how small the investment is, you’re still in the RR club and that’s all that matters. I was straight in there this morning when I got the notification, I’ll top up again later in the month, looks like it could be a good one to hold for a few years.

2 Likes

I sense a certain degree of bullishness on this stock. May I ask why as I don’t feel the vibe. While I don’t feel bearish on £RR I do have a neutral outlook.

I own ÂŁBA and have experienced record growth on it.

Own ÂŁQQ and the performance is a bit meh

1 Like

Here’s my wishful thinking; If BAE Systems can be available on FT by 20th April we’ll be just in time to make it for it’s ex date on the 21st with a value of 15.2p per share

2 Likes