Royal Mint Physical Gold ETC ๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿƒ - RMAP

The Royal Mint Physical Gold ETC Securities (RMAU) is designed to offer investors an effective way to access the gold market as it tracks the spot price of physical gold.

It is the first financial product to be sponsored by The Royal Mint and the first gold ETC custodied with a European Sovereign Mint.

The ETC is backed by London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) Good Delivery bars held on a segregated basis. The gold will be stored and guarded in The Royal Mintโ€™s highly secure vault in Llantrisant, Cardiff.

All other Gold ETFs store their gold at banks. I want to hedge bank failure so why custody at banks?

Also you can redeem for coins and bars. Only Gold ETF out there that allows that

2 Likes

Pretty sure this already had a thread?

I asked you this on another thread, but I will copy and paste it and ask again.

Does RMAU allow you to actually exchange your investment for gold by going to their vault in Cardiff?
That seems suprising.

Also, that might not work with FT investments as I think FT is the nominated owner of those โ€œsharesโ€ on our behalf.

1 Like

Yes you can physically redeem the value of your holdings in this ETC for actual gold. There is no real point as your gold is held securely in a vault but if you feel physically safer to have it then you are more than welcome.

It is a brilliant product, sustainably sourced and a real must for Freetrade.

3 Likes

Yes you can redeem for coins and bars. they can keep them at the Royal Mint under your name or can deliver anywhere in the world. Thats the RM core business.

yes correct only responsibly sourced gold ETF available. also personally i buy gold to hedge financial system risk so cant see why i would hold a gold etf that custodies at banks as the others all do

1 Like

Agreed JP Morgan and HSBC are not exactly where you want your gold in times of crisis.

4 Likes

Have a read of this its very interesting Gold Funds | Behind Bars: How Diversified is the Custody of Gold ETCs | RMAU | HANetf

1 Like

@polapts and this one also.

Very happy to see that RMAP is now on Freetrade! Iโ€™ll be moving over all of my holdings from SGLN to it this morning๐Ÿ˜

7 Likes

yes you can redeem for bars and coins. email hanetf and they will send you details.

Is there a fee to get you shares into physical gold delivered to your home?

1 Like

Also, the OCF of 0.22% is very competitive.

Is this even possible through FT?

As the shares are held as a nominee, I donโ€™t think it will be possible.

2 Likes

Would it not make more sense to just buy gold/silver in that case rather than buy shares, then transfer into physical holdings?

Apparently yes๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ Was looking to slowly build up enough each month 1 share maybe 2 shares. And after a while get them to send it.

Yes there is a fee and from memory itโ€™s not cheap. if you email info@hanetf.com is your best bet and they should be able to send you the procedures etc.

1 Like

I think brokers need to set up with the Royal Mint to do it. so we would need to ask FT

1 Like

depends on what your objectives are. if you want to have a highly secure, tradable instrument without any premium (discount to sell) to the gold price then ETFs make sense. if you really want a doomsday hedge then physical in your vaunt next to your gun makes sense. also remember RMAP is 1/100th oz. coins and bars are much higher value so less convenient to trade

2 Likes

Why does RMAP update so poorly? 9.30am, 10am, 11.17am then nothing sinceโ€ฆ?

Lack of liquidity meaning it doesnโ€™t buy and sell many units throughout the day.