Russia war on Ukraine

300k young Russian males fled last week even :joy:

1 Like

The Georgia border has 24 hour queue to get in.

As an aside the Georgian government (the dream party) appear to be pro Russian yet want to be part of the EU and NATO.

I think your numbers might be off. thereā€™s 300k floating around as a number since feb. and thereā€™s just under 200k floating around at the end of September. I donā€™t think thereā€™s any numbers yet this month.

The source is AP, which point out the drain. these are mainly mobile people with some money. I think people might be forgetting how ruthless the Russian government can be when they want to be. these people donā€™t matter when you still have another 39 million to send to their death

No they would be the last to report it.

The Georgian borders suggests your wrong. The intial influx were well off middle class but that definitely not what are tying to get in now.
Why do you think the Russian people would allowe every single male off fighting age and fitness to be sent to the war. Surely you dont really think the remainder would be happy with that?

1 Like

Why?

Peter Ziehan thinks the number is a lot less than that in terms of fighting age men

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen reports and interviews of people even relatively not so well off trying all they can to get a bus to Kazakhstan from Moscow!

1 Like

Because they would be telling putin that opposition was going to remove him? Why would any Western government do that.
The BBC might but thereā€™s no logic government doing it.

It seems that if people donā€™t know details, they are most certainly wrong, but if you have unverified details they are the most likely. I think you have blinkers on. Again, I think your idea of putinā€™s position is fantastical.

I wonder why they are not trying to stop them fleeing?
Personally i would think i wouldnā€™t really want these people in my army but that doesnā€™t seem the way the Russian hierarchy see it.
More likely i donā€™t care if you donā€™t want to go, get your kit on and move.
ā€œWhat kitā€
ā€œYou will get it laterā€!!!

What view on Putins position i havenā€™t given one.
When it comes to blinkered no one can say that about you.
You can even see things that arenā€™t there!!

I am talking about the Taiwanese people. They will be the ones fighting the Chinese. You might struggle to find one that wants to be apart of the communists dictatorship.

1 Like

To add to what i said about the lack NCO cadre and poor quality Russian conscript, i would also add that even the so called Ukrainian reservist army have been fighting for 6 months. They are no longer reservist they are professionals.
Add to that Ukrainian soldiers are getting professional training in the uk. I then find it very difficult to see the poor quality Russian soldiers overrunning them. At least they will tell them where there going though. They wont suddenly find themselves in the Ukraine.

Wot? I brought up the Chinese, and I brought up that the chinese were in favour, which I had to clarify for you. Thatā€™s the point I was making. I have no idea why you think you have scored points in your argument that the Taiwanese donā€™t want to be invaded or taken over by China as evidence that China wonā€™t invade Taiwan. You also used Hong Kong as an example of resistance to china. My question to you is: did that stop the Chinese taking over?

I thought they got hong Kong by default.
They wonā€™t get Taiwan by default. I donā€™t think they have much of chance of winning a war against Taiwan. Specially as they got a kicking of Vietnam despite Vietnam fighting on two fronts.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised youā€™re so knowledgeable considering you had to ask who China wanted to take about 30 minutes ago.

I didnā€™t say well off middle class.

The remainder donā€™t even know thereā€™s a war. Perception is very different, and what we see in Europe isnā€™t what will be seen on the vast majority of Russian land.

I donā€™t see anything to suggest Russia plans to overrun anyone at this point. They seem to have shifted direction to annexation, not advancement

2 Likes

Just like here a lot of people have a lot of opinions :smile:

Itā€™s certainly not half the pop. As thereā€™s more women than men i believe. Iā€™m not sure of the age demographic hence taking away 40% of the total.

What number does he give?