Tech Will Save Us crowdfunding

This edtech startup is going public on Seedrs tomorrow and itā€™s already reached its target. It comes as parents contend with homeschooling so very timelyā€¦

1 Like

Many thanks for the post. Yes our campaign is now public on Seedrs and open for investment!

Tech Will Save Usā€™ play-led home learning system is designed to encourage creativity while sparking an interest in science, technology, engineering, art and maths (STEAM). It includes a digital platform, physical product experiences and a subscriptions service.

We are one of the few companies benefiting from the lockdown as parents seek fun and educational things to keep their kids occupied. Indeed the whole edtech sector is benefiting from a massive uplift in awareness which will drive growth long-term.

We are an agile team and we are bringing much needed innovation to the kids toy/education markets. Importantly, we are also bridging the gap between digital (i.e. iPad usage) and physical play. So far weā€™ve reached over 1.2m kids and we have some incredible investors including the backers of Supercell and Space Ape Games.

Let me know if youā€™d like more info. Iā€™m also happy to do a Zoom AMA if thereā€™s interest.

Bethany Koby,

CEO and Co-founder of Tech Will Save Us

8 Likes

I just tried to get some more Electro Dough for the kids and it is all sold out, disappointing as a customer. Probably a good sign as an investor.

4 Likes

Hi Bethany, looking for my next crowdfunding opportunity and would definitely be interested in an AMAā€¦ I couldnā€™t find an investor deck on seedrs but notice youā€™ve been very detailed in the idea section. Where can I find more info on the financials?

Thanks
Blake

Hi Blake!
Great news. Cna you request access to our investor deck on Seedrs? Our COO will send it straight away. Let me know if you have any problems.
B

Yeah strangely I canā€™t locate it where it should usually beā€¦

In ā€œdocumentsā€ tab on the page, you can select pitch deck.

Oops, didnā€™t show up on phone! Have found it now. Thanks!

Great! Let me know if you have any further questions or would to set up a call. We will be hosting an AMA hopefully soon as well with demos!

Hi Adam, Sorry for the inconvenience, we had a very busy Q1 and were almost 50% above targets. so unexpected stock outs have been the outcome. We will get one sent across if you can DM me your address we can send this over to you!

ā€¦ by the way might it be possible to get onto the AMA schedule? Maybe we can even do some demos!?

Bethany

4 Likes

Thatā€™s great news, sounds like your business is one of the few that is seeing growth due to the lockdown. Itā€™s not easy keeping kids learning and occupied all day!

@Freetrade_Team could advise on scheduling an AMA.

Thanks Adam! Yes, we feel humbled and garteful to be able to serve families with fun and educational experiences now, more than ever!

If you DM me your address I have an Electro Dough kit waiting to be sent to you :slight_smile:

@Freetrade_Team Iā€™d love to do an AMA and demo our product experiences, how do we go about organizing this?

Whatā€™s the situation with that company - Seems to be in administration processā€¦but their website links to ā€œmel science ltdā€

Any investors here that can clarify the situation and if they got money back / some returnā€¦or nothing?

Just wondering what was the outcome for crowdfunders :wink:

2 Likes

The administration process has only just started and while investors in the recent Seedrs round are entitled to money back, theyā€™re at the back of the queue after any secured debt owed.

If we get anything at all, I imagine it will be several months away.

1 Like

I didnā€™t invest, so basing this on publicly available information.

Crowdfunders wonā€™t get anything. Looks like a pre-pack offer of Ā£100k in cash from one of the current directors backed by 2 investors will be accepted. If it is accepted, then after the administrators have taken their fees, the rest will go to creditors. Companies House has the statement of administratorā€™s proposal with more details.

2 Likes

Once again a classic crowdfunding scam/possible fraud. Take huge amounts of cash off the crowd, business goes down, pre-packed and picked up by directors or connections of directorsā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, I follow on Twitter and subscribe on ECFBuzz too.