Tesla is "no longer investable" due to Elon Musk

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tesla security analysis - Q3 2018

Just put the link on a new line. Youā€™ll then get a link preview.

Worth mentioning sometimes a link preview cannot be generated, but this is rare these days. Your link is okay though in my test.

2 Likes

Feel free to send me a message & weā€™ll figure this out together :smile:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tesla security analysis - Q3 2018

So Muskā€™s response is

In his filing on Monday, Mr Musk conceded that none of his tweets since the settlement through to February had been preapproved by lawyers at Tesla. But his attorneys argued that he had the right to make his own determination about whether his tweets contained material information.

None of his tweets had risen to the level of materiality, and therefore preapproval, Mr Muskā€™s lawyers added. This included the vehicle production tweets last month, which they called ā€œshorthand gloss on and entirely consistent with prior public disclosuresā€.

quotes from the FT

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tesla security analysis - Q3 2018

A Manhattan district judge will decide if Mr Musk is in contempt and whether he should be punished. The SEC said no hearing is necessary on the matter ā€œbecause there appear to be no disputed issues of material fact.ā€

1 Like

Well that 3% kills my chances of getting one

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Does Tesla have a sustainable competitive advantage (yet)?

Yikes! less than 10 seconds from turning autopilot on to having a fatal accident

Would be interesting to compare fatal accidents TESLA autopilot vs human driverā€¦ I know these things get a lot of attention but I do believe that if you would make a comparative study ā€“ Tesla autopilot might be safer ?

I have no data to back this up and I am just ā€˜guessingā€™ but maybe someone else knows more.

You would need to work it out per mile driven. There are many more accidents in human driven cars. But self driving cars are so rare that the number of accidents is bound to be low. This is the 4th person killed in a Tesla with Auto pilot turned on. With the low percentage of Teslas on the road that doesnā€™t fill me with confidence

1 Like

Low percentage indeed, but still a staggering 300,000 figure worldwide, probably significantly more by now.

Although I doubt that many drivers use autopilot out of those who own a Tesla, I still believe that in the next decade autopilot is more likely to become a regulated necessity (for safety reasons) as opposed to being a rarely used optional mode.

1 Like

Taking one of Elons ā€˜UBERā€™ might be like Russian Roulette ā€¦ I am invested in Tesla btw and down about 30%

1 Like

I think youā€™ll get more aids like auto braking and stuff. but an actual full self driving mode I reckon is at least a decade away. Trouble is Elon seems to think Teslas will be running around as Robo taxis next yearā€¦

The AutoPilot is meant to be supervised at the moment, I think in this instance the driver was said to have taken their hands off the wheel, and the car was travelling significantly over the speed limit.

Personally they should pick a different name, AutoPilot suggests the system has more competence than it currently has.

1 Like

That I think is delusional, so Iā€™ll stick to autopilot hopes by 2030 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not sure if anyone mentioned that ā€˜famousā€™ Video of a couple doing ā€“ couple things on the highway while the autopilot was doing the drivingā€¦

3 Likes

He kept his hands on the wheel though, canā€™t argue with that :joy:

2 Likes

Hands on the wheel is irrelevant to safety of Autopilot, in all deaths were there warnings before the accidents?

Ones driver gets used to autopilot, there is no context to gauge over driving when there is warning.

And now this