Tesla is "no longer investable" due to Elon Musk

Not sure if anyone mentioned that ‘famous’ Video of a couple doing – couple things on the highway while the autopilot was doing the driving…

3 Likes

He kept his hands on the wheel though, can’t argue with that :joy:

2 Likes

Hands on the wheel is irrelevant to safety of Autopilot, in all deaths were there warnings before the accidents?

Ones driver gets used to autopilot, there is no context to gauge over driving when there is warning.

And now this

Here’s a quote from the NTSB

The driver engaged the Autopilot about 10 seconds before the collision. From less than 8 seconds before the crash to the time of impact, the vehicle did not detect the driver’s hands on the steering wheel. Preliminary vehicle data show that the Tesla was traveling about 68 mph when it struck the semitrailer. Neither the preliminary data nor the videos indicate that the driver or the ADAS executed evasive maneuvers.

They say hands were not on the wheel which I take to mean they suspect the driver was distracted.

Maybe the AutoPilot should disengage at certain speeds if the drivers hands leave the wheel for more than 3 seconds.

What kind of warnings?

I was thinking, there should be some kind of warning when hands were not on wheel or of a possible accidents.

I believe the car does beep when you dont have your hands on the wheel for a certain amount of time

I’m not sure there’s much in this to be honest. The two statements are not necessarily contradictory. Musk could claim that the demand issues are being worsened by the economic conditions (trade tensions, what looks increasingly like the beginning of a recession).

In for another smacking today

1 Like

I really start to lose hope --I can hear a small voice in my head saying “sell it before its too late” — Maybe we reach under 199 today

It’s been in free for a while now. Everyday the share price is plummeting.

It’s under 199 already, look out below!

1 Like

Yep - 196 …

1 Like

If anyone is feeling blue about their Telsa investment and Elon Musk I would highly recommend Tim Urban’s interview on Invest Like the Best. He has a real insight into Musk’s thinking and the episode is incredibly interesting.

(disclaimer: I am not invested in tesla)

2 Likes

Maybe time to top up on our amazing TESLA stocks ? hahahha

3 Likes

Listening … Thank you

As usual I bought this after a drop - and it’s kept dropping :stuck_out_tongue: I still have great belief in the brand as a whole as a truly futuristic innovation so will rethink once it levels out.

3 Likes

I would says it’s a great brand, but the company’s management is not so great…

I think that depends what you think the company’s mission really is. As a company that makes cars it’s not managed with the effiency, productivity or profitability of the likes of Ford, but if you go to the about page of Tesla’s website you will find the first line is:

Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

I think the perceived problems with Tesla, and what makes it such a difficult company to hold an investment in, are due to the fact that Elon Musk is not working to make and sell cars, he is working to create a better future for humanity.

2 Likes

To complete their mission first they need to survive

I agree of course, and so does the business hence the manufacture and selling of cars.