The Hut Group - THG - Share Chat

I’m in at £2.51, the bottom has to be very close by now.

4 Likes

Earnings statement for third quarter

Have I set a limit order to open a starter position. I believe short term maybe volatile but over the longterm this could give good returns.

4 Likes

I need another dip tomorrow for my limit order to go through . I will average down if it keeps dropping then just leave it to do its thing.

2 Likes

Market open tomorrow may tell us a lot. If it were to open with a bounce it could build a little momentum similar to the ASOS bounce after that price tanked. Otherwise it may bump along the bottom until market sentiment turns.

GL All

2 Likes

Well we never got any bounce and price has continued to slip this morning hitting £2.21.

The market cap is now down to about £2.7b.

I had wrongly assumed rock bottom to be about £3billion.

I’m telling myself it doesn’t make any sense to fall further, but hey what do I know.

There has got to be lots of upside potential from here, but when and how much is anyone’s guess.

@Drew, I’m assuming you got your Limit Order filled.

GL to all

1 Like

Yeah limit order filled so it can start going up now :rofl:.

2 Likes

Anytime around now would be great.

I don’t think anyone is expecting this to keep dropping, only one fund have sold this short (above 0.5%). They’ve done well given they opened their position in April.

3 Likes

In at £2.25 :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Looks like it has some support at £2.20 it’s bounced of it twice so could of found the bottom hopefully.

1 Like

Bit of a hatchet job in the Sunday Times this morning titled “The Hut Group’s Matthew Moulding should give back his £830m bonus”

Can’t see that helping beleaguered share price

4 Likes

That’s the million dollar question @Stav.

I’ve been digging around this morning trying to decide what could be “rock bottom” if such a thing even exists.

In the last yearly accounts (30/6/21) book value per share was £1.47. So cease trading, sell everything at book value, pay all liabilities and that’s what shareholders are left with.

So theoretically “Rock Bottom” at 30th June '21.

The last trading update for period ending 30th September '21 has revenues up 39.2% ytd. If we assume this increased revenue increases the book value of the assets generating this revenue then we can look at previous book value per share of £1.47 plus say 20% - 40% uplift in asset value.

20% - 40% growth = £1.76 - £2.06 book value per share.

Nothing very scientific about this analysis just my deluded ramblings on a Sunday morning.

I’m not trying to convince anybody to buy THG as always please do your research before investing in any stock.

I’ve averaged my initial position down to £2.27 and like you @Stav I’m trying to decide if its worth another dabble.

At the moment I think I may go in again if we see sub £2

GL to all, I have a feeling this rollercoaster :roller_coaster: has a long way to run.

3 Likes

@Stav don’t worry about getting off to a bad start, remember it’s a marathon not a sprint.

If averaging takes you down to say £2.30 remember if it gets back to £2.30 it will probably get back to £2.50 (eventually)

There is still another POTENTIAL DOWNSIDE here of up to 25%, to a floor at about £1.60.

You need to ask yourself if you are happy sitting on the paper loss that creates, and if you are able/willing to sit it out waiting for a turnaround.

There is a BIG POTENTIAL UPSIDE if this share returns to anywhere its IPO price.

I’ve been buying now on the basis that this share will increase in value over a 3-5 year timescale.

If, in the next 6-12 months the price returns to £3.50-£4.00 I would be happy to cash inn half my holding.

4 Likes

A more even handed article from the FT this morning looking at the difficulty broker’s have valuing THGs Ingenuity division

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/0fb3616c-4c05-4033-af1c-8e7d82b1a882

1 Like

Buckle up, looks like Blackrock have/are/will dump 55million shares in THG, about half their holding.

4 Likes

I was looking for the cheapest price for an Xmas gift and ended up on The Hut for the first time in my life as they allegedly had the lowest price for the thing I wanted. I’m not sure how I’ve managed to never use such big ecommerce player before, perhaps they aren’t normally price competitive.

ANYWAY…

I was pretty disgusted to see these parasites, and so many of them, being pushed on to people. If Wonga was the Wonga of twenty-teens then I think this lot are going to be the Wonga of the twenty-twenties. I’ve seen the odd one dotted around on sites before but never a big list of “Throw on the shackles of debt like a good consumer in order to buy things you can’t afford” companies.

It made me think pretty negatively about The Hut to be honest. Are they that desperate for sales that they need to offer so many credit options?

4 Likes

Assume the product is £90 - how do these companies make money? Is it only from those that miss payments? What’s the difference between using these and paying on a credit card?

Genuinely curious, never used them and unlikely to, and only heard of Klarna.

As well as late payment fees, Klarna also make money from the merchant fees and interest from customers. I imagine it would be the same with the other providers.

1 Like

Alot of these are no interest over 3 / 5 payments so they must make commission from retailers using their services

1 Like

I did buckle up and still hit my head on £2!