This weeks dividend information from The Cash Taco vii 🌮 💰

MJRInvests
Five stocks I own are ETF FTSE All World, M&G, United Utilities, Airtel Africa and Centamin.

1 Like

bitflip Thank you for the information, just looked through it and found that my ETF pays on the 29th December :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I’m stuck with many vanguard funds that are distributing but they’re all in my SIPP so it’s not a big problem to reinvest.

Have BT but not too many. Will get a couple of £s.

BT are very interesting with these investor circling. Have you brought to hold for the dividend or so you have an ‘I’m out’ growth goal?

1 Like

I was expecting a couple of dividends yesterday but they haven’t landed. Just late popping through? They were for IUKD and ISF.
I did double check I bought before the ex date.

Edit - never mind, I rechecked and I had the wrong dates… Not paying out until 31.12.

I bought to hold initially but to be honest, I don’t see a massive upside for BT. It was one of my first trades, and didn’t realise Patrick Drahi was looking at a hostile takeover. Unsure how the markets will react if government decides not to challenge him. If it goes above my purchase price of 168 to close to 180, I may decide to sell.

1 Like

I know this is about BT as an investment but as a company, I can categorically state there is nothing positive about them - just moved house, transferred my broadband to new house but instead of switching the broadband on, they inexplicably cancelled it and now apparently can’t switch it back on for another 2 weeks :poop: :sob:

1 Like

If Starlink is good enough for @adam it’s good enough for @weenie !

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: United Utilities plc UU

So big dividend earners, pensioners people retiring soon what do we think of this then…

This measure reduces the tax-free allowance for dividend income (the ‘Dividend Allowance’) from £2,000 to £1,000 from 6 April 2023 and then to £500 from 6 April 2024 for individuals who receive dividend income.

1 Like

This dividend allowance only applies to dividends received outside of ISAs and SIPPs, so probably best to maximise your contributions to ISAs/SIPPs once you are close to those thresholds in your GIAs.

3 Likes

Ahh, but what about people taking income from limited companies, and or people who are retired etc won’t this be a big kick in the teeth?

See I still don’t have a stocks isa but will be soon but so what happens say you get a 2k dividend into your isa then remove it from the isa is that still subjected to the dividend tax or does this come under a new tax?

far as i’m aware any capital gains or dividends generated within a ISA is tax free even when realised (withdrawn) and you dont have to declare it.

I only invest in a ISA for this reason. 20k is a huge chunk of change.

3 Likes

Retired people can have ISAs and still contribute to SIPPS.
Makes the need for an ISA a must, well worth the charge from Freetrade.

4 Likes

Ahh that’s sweet and cool to know :slight_smile: thanks people

1 Like