Thoughts on YouTube Influencers

Nothing wrong with slow and disappointing. I’m sure many would call my investing style that. I usually invest in rock solid ETFs and conservative companies. Sure I dipped my toe one and had positions in $TSLA $LCID and $ARVL but took profit and haven’t reopened a position in any of these since.

Yes it’s seen as boring by some as you don’t get record beating growth, I understand that critique.

But you don’t get record beating losses on a red month either.

1 Like

I like pension craft
 Ramin is generally objective, conservative and doesn’t blow things out of all proportion.

2 Likes

Those screens are incredible!

2 Likes

Even sweeter

cb2d67407d5667ce48ed7e61fa56dc53

3 Likes

Ahhhhhh that would hurt my brain, guess if you were a shake though hehe

1 Like

This sums up youtubers who pull faces for click bait to me :rofl: If the are pulling a face I ignore and if the headline is too dramatic then double no but honestly think you-tube is the last place I would look for advice.

I would actually trust some on these forums MUCH more than people monetising their often contradicting views. :+1:

1 Like

I think YouTube is an incredible resource and there are some great educators on there, but a terrible place for stock picks and there are a lot of gurus.

There’s actually a very good video on this very subject.

3 Likes

Sasha now on the bandwagon for another broker app with invites, he seems to be smashing out etoro, freetrade, trading 212 and now light year.

50000 subscribers at $10 - easy money for him I guess - I used to work at the same bank as him - not sure if he is still there - I signed up to try it out. It was built by the people who built Wise - no UK stocks at the moment and you have to convert money to $ to buy US stocks - Limited currently - but lets see

Yeah I haven’t tried it don’t have the funds to muck about in all other apps, I did love the 212 interface when I had the chance to play with it before they closed and made changes

:rofl:

3 Likes

I have seen. It makes me laugh this new platform called Light-year doesn’t have actual UK stocks and instead has American ADRs of UK stocks.

So as someone who lives in Britain, I can’t access my home market on this platform?

Lol wierd

2 Likes

That is a very useful and important perspective.

The perspective of a person who wants to save on FX fees, trade international stocks and have multi currency accounts is likely to be different. There is no doubt that Lightyear’s stock selection will quickly grow.

Additionally, I think that a major competitive threat and enhancement to the stock trading marketplace has arrived. Which I hope can only be good for customers - I am looking forward to better deals for customers all round.

1 Like