Thoughts on YouTube Influencers

Hello,

What are your thoughts when it comes to investment YouTuber Sasha Yanshin?

I personally find some of his videos to be a bit clickbaitey, but generally speaking I respect some of what he says, even if that can be unpopular to admit Infront of some people.

I wouldnā€™t copy his strategy personally as he mostly invests in growth stocks. Iā€™ve heard he is over 50% $TSLA but canā€™t be sure.

Anywho thatā€™s my 2Ā¢

Hello Sasha Yanshin, have you had a nice day?

5 Likes

I watched a few videos theyā€™re too clickbaity for my liking. I like his nonsense style where heā€™ll call out what he sees as wrongdoing but I get 1/4 moat videos and quiet.

Sasha was actually one of the reasons I joined freetrade and I must admit I used his referral link to give him a free share as gratitude (I did see a few other really good YouTubers with referral links I could have also used, such as mosh money, Chris palmer etc), I used to watch his videos at the start but now I must admit Iā€™ve really gone off him. I think heā€™s let the fame get to his head a little and sees himself as some kind of investment king when he says the same spiel of ā€œIā€™m not a financial advisor butā€¦ā€. I agree some of his videos are unnecessarily long just for add revenue and he can yap on for 10 minutes about something that could be summarised in 2 mins. I can see a lot of his videos are based on the educational model and he will use a lot of click bait titles to make arguments for and against some of the basic investment tennets (such as one video about the pros of dollar cost averaging being titled as 'become a billionaire with dollar cost averaging, with the next video about 'why dollar cost averaging will destroy your life) lolā€¦ Although I must admit watching them did teach me a lot and I can see his educational intention behind it and in the long term these videos will make him some good YouTube money which he will reinvest in stocks Iā€™m sure! Heā€™s a smart guy, he admits he can get ultra geeky which is sometimes a put off and can go into excessively boring detail on some specific stock videos which I end up switching off from.

I think what annoys me about him is that he thinks heā€™s like Elon musk and he thinks his videos can influence or intimidate trading platforms without realising his channel isnā€™t that big lol heā€™s a little over his head, I didnā€™t like his moan about freetrades free share policy as it felt like he was salty that heā€™s not getting as much commission that he feels he is entitled to (huge sense of entitlement with him) and trying to push above his weight and made himself look like an idiot in the process. He does admit that he will be wrong a lot of the time (and it appears he is) especially with lucid which he was supposed to be a long term investor but jumped off the train and will most likely miss the train when it goes to tesla land (but thatā€™s a whole other topic). I respect his honestly but donā€™t buy into his ā€˜Iā€™m amazing and listen to me because who would have known I was rightā€™ mentality. Good luck to him!

6 Likes

@beatrice @NeilB @MJRInvests @RumNCoke

He is a bit over the top some opinions are good others not. His age target grup could inidcate his style.

I prefer PENSION CRAFT
A down to earth channel.

Or this guy he is a financial adviser:

7 Likes

To be fair to him, I did see him say pretty much exactly this about Monzo in a video about whether or not customers should worry about the warning in their annual report about ā€œthe viability of the business as a going concernā€ (paraphrasing).

Of course, it did have the usual ā€œIS MONZO GOING BUST??!!ā€ title and click-bait thumbnail, but then thatā€™s the business and everyone on YouTube basically does that.

I donā€™t regularly watch his videos and only found out about him from this particular video, which was posted by someone over on the Monzo community (where I saw it) so having an impression on someone after one video is a bit difficult, but he seemed even-handed to me.

1 Like

just a general thank you to all who have posted. I realise many have strong opinions on Sasha. some good, some bad. Iā€™m pleased we have managed to maintain a civil discourse unlike some other places on the internet.

1 Like

ā€œMy cat is dyingā€ crying thumbnail pic, 9 mins and 59 seconds in, "Donā€™t worry viewers all is well turns out the cat just had a furball.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s your take on Ramin from PensionCraft?

1 Like

Maybe we should rename this thread ā€˜thoughts on YouTube Influencersā€™

5 Likes

I like conversationofmoney (Chris) and Panda Boss (Anna). Also the nimble nomad (Arjun) is pretty kewl also.

MJRInvests is pretty coolā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Haha. I take it thatā€™s you. Now I know Iā€™ll watch some of yours.

Only 1 boring video so far. Will upload more next year. Dislike that badboy! :cry:

1 Like

6 Likes

Also I like Mama Fur Fur (Jennifer) used her link for a free share and Paul Briscoe.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that was far too quick

1 Like

6 Likes

Slow and disappointing is all Iā€™ve heard :rofl:. Which is also fitting for most youtube ā€˜influencersā€™ :innocent: :dizzy_face:

1 Like

What we thinking about this trading office and setup looks sweet.