Transferring Shares from another UK Broker to Freetrade

Hi, I have recently invested using Freetrade however, I managed my own portfolio for two years over on SaxoCapital and would like to transfer my positions over to Freetrade. Is this possible?

My understanding Lewis is that your positions would be sold and the cash transferred. You would then need to buy the positions you wanted back in Freetrade.

Others can correct me if wrong.

1 Like

You can transfer if they hold the stock, if not you can either request and wait for it to be added ( freetrade are very slow at adding) or sell the shares and transfer the cash

There’s a form you need to fill out

1 Like

Thanks for the reply

1 Like

Thank you for the better information than I gave. I’ll bookmark this in case it gets asked again in future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, that form is for ISA’s. How about shares from other trading accounts?

1 Like

I’m also interested in transferring shares from another non-ISA account in my FreeTrade non-ISA account, where FreeTrade do offer the stock.

Thanks Adam, but that is for transferring ISAs, not shares held in a non-ISA S&S account (the actual name for the type of account escapes me), like using FreeTrade in a non-ISA capacity.

General Investment Account (GIA) might be the name escaping you. Feel free to grab it before it runs away

1 Like