Transfrering ISA

Just a quick question on transferring ISA accounts , might be a daft question …lol

If im down on current stocks like around £1500 will i be best off waiting until them climb back up ?

Thanks

1 Like

No difference if you can transfer them in specie.

This means you still own the shares during the transfer, they are not sold and rebought.

thanks for your reply mate , what if i was to choose a total different type of fund? would i still be down? as i wouldn’t own the certain stocks that i have currently…cheers

If you have some thing whose value was £1000 when you bought and you then sold at £400: You would be down £600 when you sell.

If you buy something at £1000 and transfer somewhere else to sell to buy a new fund. Well you will still be down on your original £1000. The new fund may go up: so you would be up on your new buy, but you will only be up again on your original £1000 when the value of the new fund is above £1000.

The thing you need to think about is whether you will ever recover your losses on your original £1000. Perhaps the answer is no. Perhaps you might over many years. This is the risk of investing. If it was 100% guaranteed you be up then my friend we would all be rich and some of us would be drinking Martinis shaken and others would be drinking them stirred in a nice beach bar in Bahamas.

2 Likes

I got you thanks

If you do an inspecie transfer and want to keep the same stocks / funds don’t do anything in your portfolio before asking :freetrade: app support to adjust the buy prices for you.

2 Likes

Think I’ll wait for a while for a pull back I’m getting hammered at the min with direct line shares

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: ISA Transfer via signnow.com

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.