Unexpected free share

Back in May a friend used my referral code. Shortly after that, we both received a free share. That is the only referral I have made/had (according to the “free shares” button in the app).

On 1st December, the freetrade app sent me a message about receiving “£10 free shares for a limited time”. The message included notes:

Refer a friend between 1st and 14th December 2021 and you’ll both get a random free share worth between £10 and £200.

and:

This offer is only valid for referrals made between 1st and 14th December 2021 at 23:59. If you referred your friend before then, you’ll both get a free share worth between £3 and £200.

On 2nd December, I received a free share.

I wonder if this extra free share was a mistake (perhaps a miscalculation of eligibility). I emailed freetrade but have not yet had a response.

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Like

Or maybe a free share from something else?

I got my free share last week for topping up a certain amount into an ISA account.

Are you sure it has not come from a different promotion?

Did you fund / transfer your ISA with ÂŁ5k or more in October / November ?

Hmmm, that’s possible. Is there a list of promotions somewhere? I can only find: Free Share and app messages about referring friends, pensions, Rita Ora and SIPPs (none of which should be applicable to me).

I am not sure where to find the promotion now as it has ended.

I believe Jim above has provided greater detail. ÂŁ5k or more in October / November.

I received a Walmart share last week for this but totally forgot about the promo in Oct / Nov. So it felt like a random free share but actually wasn’t

Ah, found it: ISA Free Shares for new customers

And I did in fact deposit into my 2021-2 ISA in October and November. So could well be this. Thanks.

1 Like

How did I not notice this promotion, I guess I’ve not been paying attention to the forum for a while now! :man_facepalming:
I’m still waiting to put in my 20k for this year, so this would have been a nice freebie.

Email the team they might be feeling nice

It’s 3 weeks past the deadline, it’d be taking the P a bit I think…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.