Vale SA - VALE

A Brazilian metals and mining firm, they are one of the largest producers of iron ore and nickel in the world.
2 Likes

Nice one

1 Like

Could someone experienced tell me what’s happening with Vale right now? It’s going down all the time and I’m not sure what to expect. I know that not everything is possible, but maybe someone has done some fundamental analysis on this and willing to share?

Thanks!

1 Like

No fundamental analysis here I’m afraid just an observation from someone who trades China focused commodities (though not in the ferrous sector).

Iron ore is off 50% from the July highs and with China cutting steel production as it attempts to push forward with emissions cuts this is impacting anticipated demand for iron ore (amongst other commodities). China macro data has also been very weak lately, with Iron Ore often used as a proxy trade for China macro sentiment.

The green line is Iron Ore, the white line Vale

Hope that helps a little to explain the move.

5 Likes

The question is whether to invest a bit now, or maybe we’re in the middle of a huge fall…

2 Likes

I bought some new the other day

1 Like

I’ve just bought Vale. The Nickel price spiking today is probably mainly due to Russia being the biggest producer. The monstrous short position probably didn’t help! Vale is the second largest so demand of their Nickel might go up. Not investment advice - I’m most definitely in the red, so there are far more sensible people to follow! :person_with_white_cane:

3 Likes

Received my dividends for Vale today; one interim and one special.

Does anyone know why the special deducts witholding tax when the interim does not?

2 Likes