Vanguard FTSE All World High Dividend ECITS ETF (Dist.) - VHYL

This fund tracks an index of high dividend paying companies across the world. Income will be distributed as cash.

When are dividends paid for this share? Thank you!

Today is the Paid Date so you can expect it between now and the next few days
https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/investments/vanguard-ftse-all-world-high-dividend-yield-ucits-etf-usd-distributing/distributions

Thanks very much! Does this apply if you’ve only had the shares for a week?

If you look on the webpage I have linked above you can see a column called ex-div date. That’s the last day you are able to buy shares in order to be eligible for a dividend. The record date is usually the day after and the number of shares held at this date determine how much dividend you get paid.

Thinking of investing into this dividend stock. Is it possible to compound the dividend back into the stock?

@soulie1 The dividend reinvested version of this ETF is VHYG. (Vanguard FTSE All-World High Dividend Yield UCITS ETF). If Freetrade doesn’t do it at the moment put in a request. In the interim you can use the dividend to purchase new stock.

1 Like

Thank you so much for you reply to my question. :+1:

2 Likes

just FYI if you invest in the distributing version (VHYL) then you’d need roughly >£6K to reinvest the dividend income into more shares at the point of each distribution. The share price is the main hurdle.
VHYG is not yet on Freetrade I’m afraid

Edit: Corrections made to my comment to clarify. @bitflip thanks.

@J4ipod94 Is that a typo? Vanguard FTSE Developed World UCITS ETF VHVG is not the same as Vanguard FTSE All-World High Dividend Yield UCITS ETF VHYG

@soulie1 needs VHYG.

(would be an easy typo: V and Y)

Also, I am not sure how you came up with 6K. The yield on VHYL is c. 3% and it costs c. £46, so roughly the annual dividend from 34 shares will give one the money for buying one new share.

Edit: Note to future readers @J4ipod94 has corrected his mistake now. However, I will leave my original comment here so that future readers of this thread don’t make the same mistake and accidentally buy the wrong ETF. Remember the accumulating version of VHYL is VHYG.

Maybe as 12% is on a year and not however frequent the dividend pays out? Also, the dividend seems to be 3.3% not 12%

Vanguard FTSE All-World High Dividend Yield UCITS ETF (VHYL) Dividends (dividendmax.com)

1 Like

You are quick off the draw. I was correcting my email with the correct yield as you sent your message.

2 Likes

:rofl: I was interested in the stock and thought 12%, must have a gander at that. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Taking into account @big-g’s comment about the frequency of the dividend it is correct to then say that you need about 133 shares if you want to buy one new share each quarter. And so @J4ipod94’s 6K number makes sense on a quarterly basis.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone who as joined this conversation and given me advice, given me some pointers and figures. I am very new to investing as you possibly guess, I have today invested into this vanguard stock and bought 134 shares in the hope of buying another 20 shares with the dividend payments over 5 years, then I can sell, hopefully at a good profit, who knows.

Thanks to all
Mark

2 Likes

:champagne:

Wish you all the best @soulie1!

2 Likes

Threads like this why I love this place!

Good luck @soulie1 and if you have any spare cash investing little and often if one of the best ways of building wealth :muscle:t2: :dollar:

3 Likes

@soulie1 one thing that you need to watch out for is that this ETF will change in value (e.g. increase in value) and the dividend pay out may or may not. The key point is that if you do dividend reinvestment then you may need to put more money quarterly as the dividend may not cover the purchase of new stock. IMO the accumulating version is better for people like yourself who have decided to reinvest dividends. I have made a request for the ETF to be added to Freetrade’s universe

Vanguard FTSE All-World High Dividend Yield UCITS ETF VHYG

Feel free to vote for it it there if you would like the option.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this information, I have voted, it is in the hands of the gods. I will just keep an eye on my dividends…
Thank you

1 Like

Anyone got their dividends yet for this and VUSA?

Pay date was 30th March.