Vanguard S&P 500 ETF - VUSA

I have received it but no notification in the activity feed

I thought this div gets auto reinvested back into the fund? Do they still show you how much you got or

VUAG get reinvested back VUSA u get dividend

1 Like

Ahh cool I knew it was one of them. Iā€™m invested in the other atm

Something for anyone holding VUSA to be aware of -

Holding 6.9% on the ETF means Apple has an outsized effect of the performance of the Index.

4 Likes

Is that for any s and p 500 holding?

1 Like

Good question, the short answer is yes.

The only way around this would be to explore equal weighting - this is where the ETF track each stock with the same % of funds.

Equal weighting would shrink the effect of Apple has on the ETF but would promote the smaller cap stocks.

You could broaden your search to the less popular but bigger and more diversified VNRT

2 Likes

I take it the after hours/overnight spike will be missed by the ETF as itā€™ll start tracking the move from 8am?

1 Like

It would be nice if that was the case but unfortunately not as itā€™ll be priced in.

It catches up

Anyone else struggling to buy s&p500!? Keeps rejecting 3 days in a row

I bought some Monday no issues

Just had a notification email about receiving vusa dividend payment. The divi payment shows in my activity feed but my cash balance remains unchanged. Anyone else had this happen? Is this normal?
If the payment has not happened why does the activity show a payment?
Thanks.

Particularly with UK dividend payments I find that the cash is allocated before the email and notification, so you may find the dividend payment hit your account earlier today or even yesterday and the notification and email have come through later.

2 Likes

Thanks Scott. Iā€™ve just totted up my account and yes you were right, I have had the payment sometime earlier today.
I didnā€™t notice it hit my account earlier today. I must pay more attentionā€¦ lol.
Thanksā€¦panic over :grin:

1 Like

I created a simple Investment Portfolio for my Wife & was just wondering if VUSA was a subset of VHYL - Anyone know how to find this information out?

No, not a subset. The selection criteria for the companies included in the two funds are quite different. VUSA includes all of the stocks in the S&P 500 list, which includes large US companies selected by a committee at S&P using various criteria to include what they call ā€œleading companies in leading industriesā€. VHYL includes 1500 stocks from around the world which are chosen for paying above-average dividends. You can see the exact list of whatā€™s included in each fund if you go to Vanguardā€™s website:

https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/investments/vanguard-s-and-p-500-ucits-etf-usd-distributing/portfolio-data

https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/investments/vanguard-ftse-all-world-high-dividend-yield-ucits-etf-usd-distributing

3 Likes

Thanks - Yh my Wife mainly wanted to focus on Dividend for some reason. Thanks for the info

Anyone know whatā€™s with the crazy sudden movement in share prices today?

Must of been a short circuit somewhere as alot of my holdings crashed then rose, then leveled back to original standing.