Viktor is on Sky News!

Sometimes I think people should be forced to take a basic reading comprehension test before they’re allowed to use any financial app :rofl:

5 Likes

Not freetrades fault but sad times

3 Likes

Stop spreading disinformation unless you have proofs, please.

2 Likes

They were with a company that until an hour ago had been perfectly fine. Do you not remember every other broker having issues yesterday whilst freetrade kept on going?!

Any post spouting conspiracy theories is quite rightly going to be flagged. By the other people who are forced to read that nonsense, not FT themselves.

Blaming Viktor? Not on, man.

4 Likes

Great to see this!!!

Its clear that Freetrade care about their customers and seeing retail investors as a force to be reckoned with and not wanting to profit from any loss.

Viktor himself suggesting that call options and cfd’s are toxic products.

3 Likes

Community rule number 2

Don’t be unconstructive. Examples of unconstructive behaviour include but are not limited to: antagonistic tone, personal attacks, harassing your fellow forum members or our staff, promoting unreliable news sources, posting misleading information, posting negative views without any effort for constructivity, derailing topics, trolling, etc.

As someone with dyslexia I would fail that test but understand completely what was said

2 Likes

I was referring to a users obvious inability to comprehend the in app message that fully explained what had happened and the reasons, before he went on a rant that has now been deleted

The context you added there is still answered by the point I made, and what you type to get that emoji is also mocking. It’s interesting they deleted there post.

I wasn’t mocking reading skills, It was their obvious they’d either ignored the message or just hadn’t taken it in. I don’t believe you would fail a comprehension test. You are obviously more intelligent than some of the people raging on here because their gamble isn’t paying off

1 Like

30,000 sign ups in one day ! Wow

2 Likes

THIS! Focusing on the important stuff.

Re-watching this is quite cringeworthy knowing what happened yesterday

Great interview @Viktor

4 Likes

Timing-wise yep - tho he wasn’t to know. But the content is 100% relevant still.

2 Likes

elon defended us average joes but we do our homework to the best of our ability without suits.

the more leaders speak up like vik and chamath the better. the little guy is getting screwed .

3 Likes

the app is above paypal and revolut i think in the uk. i think the vcs should be knocking on the doors and ride the momentum wave. gme is just the beginning of social investing

4 Likes

It’s probably worth noting that when Viktor said “10x customer sign ups”
Most of them were signing up for plus because they were lead to believe they could buy GME. A lot of those people are really pissed off now :confused:

FT have already announced they are refunding Plus memberships for January.

Anyone who could have bought GME would now be at a loss because the price dropped on Friday, and have a free month of Plus.

7 Likes

I think everyone understands those that wanted to buy GME or AMC or such aren’t happy. FTs position was that their FX capacity was severely constrained and therefore they had to apply a limit.

What they chose to do was prioritise selling so customers could get out of positions limiting any losses first and then open up buying to the most popular stocks outwith the current bubble set, which would have drained that constrained capacity instantly.

So again, I totally get why you and others aren’t happy but I do think FT did the right thing and I trust them to continue to do so.

6 Likes