Virgin Galactic - SPCE - Share Chat

Wish I had bought more shares back when it was low :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Glad it was a success but god that was a terrible launch show. Surprised Branson didn’t do a better job of the launch party stuff. Looking forward to the SP tomorrow now.

2 Likes

UAL - United

Good luck lol Win Two Seats on One of the FIRST Virgin Galactic Flights to Space

4 Likes

Entered! :grinning:

Chairman Chamath with a tweet stream. I fully agree with him about space, where I differ is with $SPCE. They’re not a governmental organisation who will benefit if it from these developments, they’re supposed to be making money - how you do this with such huge costs and a limited market is beyond me. Galactic is the show off in the family while Virgin Orbit is the hard working resourceful sister that can genuinely offer something new.

1 Like
3 Likes

With $80m in revenue their trading (pre market open) at 230x revenues …

2 Likes

I could be wrong don’t think you can count deposits as revenue like that. Unless they can fly $80m /$250k / 6 passengers = 53 more flights this year some of that would have to be realised as revenue in future years.

This is a meme stock though so I don’t think it’s worth paying too much attention to fundamentals.

1 Like

I never understand pre markets. Suggested raise followed By immediate slump of nearly 10%!!! How does that work ???

Baffling to me also.

Odd how this is down so much after the successful weekend launch……

Curiouser and curiouser…

Rumour Virgin Galactic is selling $500million worth of stock to raise money for development.

1 Like

Maybe this is why

1 Like

Also it was such a short trip for the money they’re asking for a flight. It maybe a dream come true for Richard but I seriously can’t see many takers

1 Like

If I remember correctly they already have 600 signed up for it

1 Like

Oooooo it’s dropping! :joy: Not what I was hoping for

Virgin Galactic has said it may sell up to $500m of shares after completing a successful space trip on Sunday.
In a filing, the company says it plans to use cash raised to develop its spaceship fleet and infrastructure.

Same feeling. Hold onto those. It will go up :rocket:

1 Like

In a few years, When people talk about how the great crash began to unravel for over hyped unprofitable companies and SPACs, this is a stock that be a reference point and example of how distorted the market is.
When the world went crazy and tech was frothy.
It’s gonna get interesting.

4 Likes