What's Everyone's Profession?

Business Analyst

2 Likes

Interesting! Could you expand on this @House ? Is that loss in the form of heat or something else?

Software Engineer (Apps / Websites / Client & Server side / Cloud based tech etc…)

1 Like

Analytical scientist in the pharmaceutical industry

couch potato

9 Likes

Yes, it is the heat in the water from the bath/shower, dishwasher, washing machine etc. For normal homes it can be 20% of the heat loss, but for otherwise more efficient homes it can be 50% of the heat loss. This heat normally ends up in the sewers, and is wasted, but the heat can be recovered at different stages using heat exchangers (like a radiator in reverse). I only learned about this recently and it seems so obvious now! See: https://www.ciwem.org/assets/pdf/Events/Past%20Presentations/UDGSpring%2019/Paper%2010%20Energy%20from%20Sewers%20V2.pdf

3 Likes

A clever option for energy storage:
https://www.highviewpower.com/
Going to store 250MWh in quite a small plot in Manchester. For comparison the generous calculation for Gravitricity above is 2.8MWh.

1 Like

For security reasons cannot answer.

2 Likes

Solicitor

1 Like

Ex Plant Fitter and subsequently Service Manager. Now an Area Sales / Account Manager for commercial vehicle conversions company working across numerous sectors.

1 Like

Admissions officer for a university

2 Likes

Graduate Radar Software Engineer

1 Like

Graduate Management Accountant

Myself Is Middleware EAI developer and admin(messaging, Kafka)

Academic, and investing so that I can get out of that hopeless job market.

1 Like

Cab Driver. Lowest of all profession mentioned above :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

But equally as important :+1:t2:

19 Likes

As a former academic, can certainly relate.

Currently a market access consultant for pharmaceuticals

1 Like

A job is a job. It defines no one.

The wo/man makes the job/office/rank. Not the other way around

26 Likes

Hi, First post for me. Just started to play. I used to be a conflict photographer, then a technologist and trainer, now (since lockdown) I’m a writer of a subscription email.
Looking forward to learning more about investing. Feel i’m a little late to the party but I already having fun.
Cheers!

6 Likes