When will the 2019 tech IPOs (Lyft, Uber, Pinterest, Zoom, etc) be on Freetrade?

Brill, will keep an eye on it. Cheers

Thanks @Vlad, glad you found it interesting! :pray:

Weā€™ll definitely keep sharing more updates as we continue to build the Investment Platform, yep.

2 Likes

Plenty of stuff in the pipeline then, good to see that Freetrade are not resting on their laurels.

Growth is the name of the game. Exciting couple of months to look forward to then! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sounds very excitingā€¦Freetrade 4 liferā€‹:laughing::heart_eyes::laughing:

3 Likes

Does the same apply to stocks in other markets? Say for example a Chinese company were to IPO, would you be able to list them on day 1? @Freetrade_Team this is a half newbie/thread relevant question!

Hey, so we are looking to add some European stocks as part of our expansion this year, but no plans for any stocks in any other markets right now.

3 Likes

Iā€™m loving the tracker. Is this available to view anywhere?

1 Like

Hey, weā€™ll keep it updated on this page.

2 Likes

I notice from that that BYND is not available yet because it doesnā€™t have a CDI. It is available on HL though. Is that because HL have an equivalent to the investment platform? Will CDIā€™s not matter anymore when the platform goes live?

Iā€™m holding out for Beyond meat too.

Unfortunately itā€™s now already up over 300% from the opening priceā€¦ :sob:

4 Likes

To be honest I would have bought it on HL if I could have added to my HL ISA without disqualifying myself from adding to a freetrade ISA this year

I guess we will have to wait for Black Friday deals

2 Likes

Waiting with bated breathā€¦:expressionless:

1 Like

Slack needs updating :tada::tada::tada::chart_with_upwards_trend:

1 Like

Too late for that now IMO, I feel itā€™s a bit overpriced at the moment and is unlikely to grow much more, given they have not yet proven out expansion and there are not huge barriers to entry for other brands to undercut them with similar products.

It has gone up 560% from $25 and is now worth 10 Billion, which seems too rich to me on revenues of 80 million given they have no moat. Iā€™ll pass now I think, and am surprised by quite how quickly and how much it has gone up.

2 Likes

I was considering making a post about how this is FTā€™s biggest weak point for me, where the line was crossed for me not having been able to buy Beyond Meet as soon as it floated.

At least now I understand why. Sure, Iā€™m still gutted I missed out at the starting line, but am so glad to see this is something FT is looking to addres in the future and yet another reason why I strongly believe in the platform :heart:

5 Likes

Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham has some interesting thoughts on people jumping on IPOs :smiley:

1 Like

Care to share some points?

1 Like

Thereā€™s multiple points, such as it being already fairly overpriced when it hits the market, there not being enough historical data etc. Also " IPO does not stand only for ā€˜initial public offeringā€™. More accurately, it is a shorthand forā€¦

• Itā€™s Probably Overpriced, or
  • Imaginary Profits Only, or even
  • Insidersā€™ Private Opportunity"
3 Likes

Is the IPO tracker up to date? And could we get Datadog added to the list?