Whiskey and or Whiskey Barrels

Japanese and or Scottish.

Buy DGE for whisky exposure.

2 Likes

Hey thanks. VERY new to all this and just couldnโ€™t find anything related to. Will take a look. Be safe.

Diageo own a hell of a lot of scotch brands. I bought into glenwyvis distillery when they launched a few years back in the hope diageo would buy them upโ€ฆ still waiting, hoping :laughing:

Ha! Itโ€™s all such a waiting game. Thanks for the link there :slight_smile:

I read about Whiskey Invest Direct when looking at Augmentum portfolio companies. The whiskey price charts showing it has having a solid rate of return, but I have no clue about whiskey, so didnโ€™t look further.

Thanks Han. I too have been to the Whiskey Invest Direct page, but no logic there for me. I wanted to find smaller distilleries or indeed larger ones to invest in.
Or more specifically, the barrels themselves.
Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s not, but it feels like a closed loop this one.
As Adam mentions above, Diageo seems the only way in??

I know you asked about Scottish or Japanese, but thought Iโ€™d mention that Sliabh Liag Distillers from Donegal :ireland: are raising equity on Crowdcube at the moment.

Update: Asahi group has a minority stake in SDL. They are the owners of Nikka and also Ben Nevis, so there is a :scotland: / ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต connection :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also, Iโ€™ve put together a list of Scottish distilleries, mentioning investment options where available: All Scottish distilleries โ€” InvestInWhisky.online

1 Like