I think it would be a nice little feature to have a useful widget or two on the Android platform, particularly the portfolio performance graph.
Having access to the portfolio performance graph directly from your mobile screen would save people a lot of time and mean that the app would only be accessed when people are buying/selling/researching stocks only.
Maybe a widget to show your watchlist and any price drops/increases?
I absolutely agree. I think there are a number of Freetrade widgets that could be very useful!
I like the idea of widgets that offer the following:
- Manually selected companies rates against a pre-defined daily/weekly/monthly
- Current value of personal portfolio in manually selected companies
- Current value of owned shares in top 5 companies in portfolio
- Recent news in companies on watch-list
- Drastic changes in values of companies on watch-list
The possibilities are vast and many of them would require very little work to implement basic iterations of.
I’d love to hear what other suggestions people have for widgets!
Great idea. I currently use Yahoo finance widgets to show my holdings in monetary value then shows the days gain and total gain of the portfolio in %.
Then have earnings report widget for news on any of my companies.