Wirecard share price falls after FT reports

Wirecard’s share price has fallen by $10 billion since the FT published a series of reports into an alleged accounting scandal in their Asia-Pacific division.

Wirecard have said that

“We would like to reconfirm that the accusations against employees of Wirecard are unfounded. We are working closely with the Singapore police to clear all allegations.”

quote from this story

& they’re now suing the FT..

Here’s the main story from the FT -

As Wirecard Gets Bigger, So Does the Target on Its Back - Bloomberg

then -

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-wirecard-stocks/singapore-police-raid-wirecard-office-following-ft-reports-idUKKCN1PX0U6

& Germany’s now banned short-selling Wirecard’s shares :flushed:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-wirecard-stocks-idUKKCN1Q70GZ

3 Likes

Don’t agree with Odey most of the time, but this time I support his move into looking to sue BaFin. I don’t think it’s right for regulators to ban short selling because “recent price volatility risks undermine the broader stock market”. :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

It’s not a good look is it! They must be pretty concerned because I guess that doing that sort of thing too often could put investors off investing in companies that’re listed on the German exchanges :grimacing:

Which the FT’s just responded to with -

https://twitter.com/kadhimshubber/status/1097538039461613568

2 Likes

Any chance Wirecard is coming to Freetrade so we can take a punt?

1 Like

We don’t offer stocks that’re traded on European exchanges at the moment but you never know what the future holds :dizzy:

2 Likes

Neither do wirecard :grimacing:

10 Likes

@Rat_au_van you made me laugh out loud. :joy: :joy: :joy:

When it comes to Wirecard, I don’t think they are helping themselves attacking such a well respect paper, like the FT.

3 Likes

Hence my suggestion that Worldpay is added to the available stock list… :wink:

Digging up an old thread…

4 Likes

I saw the headline flash up this morning. This is absolutely huge, as if the scale of the fraud wasn’t enough.

Curve massively affected by wirecard insolvency:

They sent out an email saying that curve cards cannot be used for at least a couple of days.

WIRECARD LICENCE SUSPENDED - PLEASE CARRY A BACK-UP CARD.
Dear Curve Customers,

Your Curve card and all associated Curve transaction and money transfer services will be temporarily suspended with immediate effect. Please be assured, we expect to be up and running again shortly but it may take a few days. Your money and card details held at Curve are safe and secure.

This has happened because the Financial Conduct Authority1 has this morning suspended its permission for Wirecard Card Solutions Limited (the company who currently issues Curve Cards) to operate, without prior notice. This action is not related to Curve - but Curve currently depends on Wirecard for operation of the Curve card.

We are already well on the way to migrating away from Wirecard but have not fully completed this process. We are now working round the clock to achieve the migration as quickly as possible and therefore expect this disruption to last for only a limited period of time.

We will continue to communicate the details of what this means for you during this interim period.

For now, please carry a backup card.

We’ll be back,
Team Curve

Did anyone unfortunately own any shares in Wirecard?

I do now! And I’m not sure it’s a great idea!

:skull: :cat:

Braver man than me

1 Like
1 Like

I can confirm. That was a bad idea

6 Likes