Your worst rookie error?

Wow!

How much money does that equate too? Here is my worst:

Sirius Minerals is -Ā£2.40, Acacia Mining is -Ā£9.90.

I personally taking long term on Acacia . It is a slow game but when (if) the deal is finalised with GOT then it will rocket immediately to Ā£3 + and it will be difficult to catchā€¦I take

Theyā€™ve lost Ā£1.5 billion in the last 6mths, and have almost the same in debt. They arenā€™t making money so I think theyā€™ll be going into administration fairly soon as itā€™s not sustainable. Itā€™ll be miraculous if they pull another 2011/12 and bring it back, but atm with shares being called ā€œworthlessā€ by Citigroup and no recovery plan I canā€™t see that happening. Itā€™s a dinosaur business model that didnā€™t adapt.

2 Likes

For me Glencore and ITV - if I can hit green Iā€™ll off load them, until then dividends

GOT? Sorry for being stupid :joy:

Government of Tanzania. LoL

My biggest in terms of value is $MNKD I thought inhalable insulin would be game changer and I thought I struck gold
I did all the mistakes possible, fell in love with technology, averaged while it was going down. Even bot call options without knowing much about options.

Lessons learnt

• I donā€™t know anything
  • Donā€™t average losers
  • Cut loss (very hard thing to do)
  • Donā€™t put too much into a one thing
2 Likes

Very difficult to tell with ITV.

The production part of the business should in theory fare well, theyā€™ve made successful shows and can sell them elsewhere. But apparently theyā€™ve only had 1% growth there in the last year, which seems low.

On the other hand, thereā€™s the TV channel, and that may well drag them down further yet. Itā€™s all down to advertiser spend. Will it level out, or will they continue to divert advertising elsewhere instead? Youtube, for example.

Iā€™ve spent at least the past month looking at ITV and flipping between ā€œIt seems slightly undervalued now, I may chance some sharesā€ and ā€œIt quite possibly hasnā€™t reached bottom yetā€.

If I did put any money in to ITV shares, I think I would hedge myself by only spending as much money as I could afford to write off if it goes south.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve put some into ITV and taken this exact approach. Hoping I donā€™t have to post in this thread about it :joy:

1 Like

Donā€™t forget those sweet 6% DIV with ITV - at least something while you wait for better times

While it lastsā€¦:joy:

2 Likes

I am buying in today with some money that I can afford to lose if things go terribly wrongā€¦

1 Like

what made you invest in Thomas Cook?

I bought some penny stocks at the start of the year. I was up ~70% for about an hour but didnt sell (because I was in the gym).

Im now down 90% in the investment :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I was up 155% with debenhams and didnt sell immediately (only because it was money i had written off and i partly though Mike Ashley was going to win) but i did sell at 30% so not so bad.

1 Like

What do you think of penny stocks? Iā€™ve got my eyes on some AIMs with great balance sheets and growth that Iā€™m tempted by.

Royal Mail. Iā€™m currently down 17.2% on that.

Thankfully, Iā€™m only investing small amounts whilst Iā€™m still learning.

1 Like

Hopefully you only spent a couple quid on a share and losing a few pence. Iā€™m guessing Royal Mail down to Ā£1.80 tomorrow with the full year news being announced.

1 Like

Only lost Ā£2.68 so far but Iā€™m holding on for now

Rushing into buying the new IPO Pinterest before they announced their first earnings report :joy: -16%