ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd - ZIM

A dividend yield is backward looking.

They paid a huge dividend in March which they cannot repeat, the share price has also dropped 60% since then.

They also have no history of paying a dividend before this year.

1 Like

Thats what i think and feel, but you never knowā€¦

So i guess, no to petrobrasā€¦dont know why theres 2ā€¦ seem to have a huge amount of cash and part govt owned.

Right, Iā€™m down thousands ā€œthanksā€ to Zim. Do you guys think itā€™s time to sell and cut my losses? The market seems to have decided that, no matter the companyā€™s earnings, this stock is now a pariah

Anyone receive their dividends yet? Havent received mine.

Nope not got mine yet.

You mean last year? I have been with them since last year and have received multiple dividends.

If the last several times after dividend payout is anything to go by, then this will go higher again before the next divi. Though i suspect it wont go as high as previous. So could be worth averaging down. But what do i know, i seem to be terrible at this investing malarkey.

Your personal yield is different to the in app yield. The displayed data in app doesnā€™t take into account one of special dividends that arenā€™t likely to be repeated.

There are a few metrics you might prefer to track -

personal annual yield -
dividends paid this year / last 12 months / by your average price

Personal yield, all time -
All dividends / your average price

Annual return %
Current price / (dividends paid this year / last 12 months)

All time return %
Current price / (total dividends paid)

Me neither. Was due for payment on 08 September??

Give it a few days, US can take a little longer. 5 working days is the expected timeline however this can be delayed is :freetrade: dont get the money as quickly

2 Likes

Received mine today.

1 Like

Me too. :+1:t3: Received today although dated 08 September in Activity but heh ho.

Why is the price of this stock falling so bad and would it be a good time to get in??

Just bought a few at $17.15ā€¦ seems to be too good to be true yield so i only bought a few to test the water. Whats your experience been like? Has it been a reliable div paying comapny ?

How often do they pay out there dividend?

Not much historical data by the looks of it but they seem to be paying quartly at equal parts. If someone could confirm. Also, next ex div seems to be end of feb with payment due 10 days later. But anything can happen between now and then i guess.

Loads of articles here on Zim.

1 Like

Hello, im interested in buying $Zim since months

I just want to know, please, the ex-div date is april 4th while they supposed to accredit the dividends to your ā€œaccountā€ on april 3rdā€¦

Is it correct?

Of course the money will reach your account after april 4th, but why is it the ex div date after the supposed ā€œpay dateā€

Special rules apply for dividends which are over 25% of the share price - for American listed ones anyway. In those instances, the ex-dividend date will be the day after the payment date.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, so, for example if i will buying next week, and hold after 4th April, i will qualify for the next div?