Zoom AMA #3: Freetrade CTO and Co-founder Ian Fuller :freetrade:

Also a question that has been raised many times and a technical viewpoint would be appreciated.

How hard is it technically to implement the live pricing in the app? Is the financial cost the reason for the delayed pricing?

Thank you, Ian, again. The idea of doing AMAs is awesome!!

3 Likes

Sorry if you are not the right person to ask. I’m happy to postpone this question to a more suitable AMA down the road with the Head of compliance maybe?, or with whoever has the relevant role.

Freetrade is now going to partner with a US Broker for US listed securities and fractionals isn’t it? Will Freetrade be receiving payment for order flow?

Disclosure: in short I think payment for order flow is good for shallow pockets people like myself. People with deep pockets will probably be better off paying transaction fees a dozen a piece. But for people with small amounts available for investing, say £100 per month, a £10 investment can be placed without a 100% transaction fee on top of it. If the price to pay is a fraction of a penny or even a few pence so be it. I’m in

5 Likes
  1. What will the pricing be for SIPPs?
  2. Is there an estimated release date for SIPPs?
4 Likes

Are we still FCA covered when trading in fractionals amount? Thank you!!

I recently changed smartphone and the process of logging in into the app is surprisingly easy and “feels” insecure. How safe are Freetrade accounts, really? Do you plan to implement security measures such as MFA with authenticator apps in the near future?

And… has there been any breach of individual accounts in the past few months? I mean cases in which someone else managed to access a customer’s account, possibly also trying to withdraw money. It would be interesting to know how you dealt with that - or, if it hasn’t happened, what your plan to deal with that would be!

3 Likes

How many shares are in issue at the moment?

How many shares are going to be available for this round?

Cheers.

1 Like

hello again, see: We're crowdfunding on Thursday 14th May 🎈 - #46 by rod

Hey guys, i was thinking it would be awesome to offer an in-house GBP-USD converter, similar to what Revolut does, ie offer GBP and USD accounts. That would allow investors of US stocks hedge GBP-USD movements!!

8 Likes
  1. How big is the current engineering team and how big do you think it will be by end of 2020?

2. Given you’re heavily reliant on GCP, can you share how your cloud costs have changed with the growth in users over the last 2 years?

3 Likes

Looking forward to tonight

Will the Zoom info be privately messaged?

They will add a link tonight to the thread

1 Like

Get your questions and votes in :point_up:

Can you dial in?

Unfortunately, our slido page got spammed by an individual today, so we’ll be sticking to this thread and the call for any new questions.

We also took a note of the questions on the slido.

Please upvote the questions you want answered tonight by ‘liking’ them on this thread!

Speak at 8 PM tonight!

We’ll share the Zoom link shortly beforehand.

I hope liking many questions doesn’t count as spam! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Please upvote as many as you like :wink:

1 Like

How long will it be on for approx? (Will be applauding the NHS @ 8pm, so will be late!)

As per question already asked, am very much interested in the progress (if any) towards an iPad app for use in landscape

Many Thanks

How big of a challenge it may be to display share prices with four decimal places?, i.e. £43.3813, £0.0039, or $189.2092

Would that cause performance issues?, or is it a conscient choice?

5 Likes

Hi Sam,

I can’t find the zoom link. how can I connect?

regards
Nuno PAtricio

We’ll add the link in a few minutes on this thread!