100k & 10 years... What Would You Do?

@Barka181 I like your way of thinking & I know many that have made their money from property…

But @Big-g has a point, I’m slap bang in-between Nottingham & Derby and anything around £100k mark is going to be a studio (rabbit hutch) or something that needs a lot of work.

Dealing with tenants & repairs would be my worst nightmare! Kudos to those that do.

1 Like

True but as you can’t pay in any more than the max of £32k / your annual income per year it would need to be drip fed in over x years dependent on your income ( carry forward rules notwithstanding )

1 Like

Ok @Tom88 let’s say 300k target… Go go…

Thats coz we are all risk takers :laughing: :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

For safety you could also have a LISA for another £4k p/a @ 25%

Depending on circumstances, if in receipt of tax credits you could also use the Help to Save scheme to save £2400 over 4yrs @ 25% (>12.5% p/a).

2 Likes

If you’re lucky enough to be under 40 and only 10 years from retirement.

4 Likes

The maximum under help to save over 4 years would be £1200.00, plus you would need to be on a fairly low income to claim tax credits so HMRC could likely be quite interested in how £100,000 came about…

1 Like

The maximum paid by the government is £1200 but the maximum investment is £2400 over 4 years.

The hypothetical individual @Optimisery is enquiring about could reasonably be on tax credits and have won £100,000 on the lottery. If you can get a guaranteed >12.5% with 100% safety (?) for a portion of your investment then I would think it worth enquiring as to eligibility.

I’m not sure exactly what the percentage p/a is though, because you would gain 12.5% average over the 4 years on the maximal sum in the account at the end of each 2 years but are only allowed to pay in a maximum of £50 a month. I expect some clever person on here could work it out, but in the mean-time, the money not yet invested could be earning elsewhere until it was required for investment in Help to Save.

1 Like