Add downvoting

This would likely be to my own peril (I’d probably get downvoted into oblivion in no time:) but why not add the option for #ideas at least?

I noticed someone who disagreed with my proposition to execute basic trade twice a day commented on the thread. Perversely, the idea got 10-15 more votes as a result of the thread being bumped!

That already exists in a way because people can like posts of people who are commenting to disagree

Also I’ve not seen a downvote option on any discourse forum so not sure it exists

2 Likes

Good point on the comments, it probably wouldn’t help keep the conversation civil either!

Still think it’d be a good option for #ideas. I think Discourse is open source and I’m sure FT’s whizzkids could make it happen. :slight_smile:

i personally really like how positive this forum is
this would only work against that

6 Likes

I take your point, one of the great things about the place is how civil it is – even when we disagree.

I just think it would provide a better reflection of support for an idea. At the minute, it’s akin to only having one option on a ballot paper.

Best not to down vote. It makes people feel small or stupid. If you dont like just move on.

5 Likes

Just create another “idea” thread with DO NOT execute trades twice a day so it evens out :wink:

4 Likes