Advice please

Hi Iā€™ve been a member of freetrade since February and I initially bought stock in AMC it was only around May June time that I realised what was going on, Iā€™ve got some money that Id like to invest but donā€™t want to put anymore into amc can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I should be looking at buying Iā€™ve been thinking about apple/cciv/nio and something that can help me get some quick profit any help or advice would be greatly appreciated I have been looking around to see where to put it but havenā€™t got anything set in stone yet

2 Likes

Check here for lots of basic guides on investing: Learn about investing with Freetradeā€™s guides

Sadly, thereā€™s no guarantee that any investment or stock will turn a quick profit and no one here is a financial adviser so no investment advice can be given.

7 Likes

To quote Prof Galloway ā€œ I know how to make you you rich, the problem is thatā€™s itā€™s slow ā€œ

These meme stocks have been fun but they really are incredibly events thatā€™s happened due to a very specific set of circumstances. Make no mistake, theyā€™re gambling and not investing.

7 Likes

Some top tips for investing!!!

7 Likes

thanks for the awesome information.

2 Likes

1: Itā€™s your money and nobody else really cares about it.
2: Your investment style should reflect your goals. Maybe you want to try for a big gamble little and often or go for ā€˜safeā€™ stocks and reap some dividends.
3: If itā€™s a stock pushed by anyone be extra careful (see Rule 1)
4: Invest what you are willing to lose. Again, this will be directed by your style. All in or brick by brick, you decide.
5: Be patient, Donā€™t Panic.
6: Choose your time to invest wisely. Donā€™t limit yourself to waiting for specific occurrences.
7: Keep a record of past failures, past wins, and what it is that connects/distances them. This will help develop your investment style over time.
8: Donā€™t follow any hard and fast rules set by someone else, this person could have lost their house, twice.

4 Likes

For advice on how to do your own due diligence, please see this excellent and informative post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/o0bogq/a_selection_of_educational_posts_an_automated/

which Iā€™ve previously posted here:

https://community.freetrade.io/t/educational-posts/47322

I would stay away from Call/Puts and the Greeks for now though

Unless its a scammer trying to get money out of you.

See Rule 3

thanks for the awesome information.

1 Like

This looks more like what I would call trading on price, as opposed to typical investing, and I would not be using most of these points myself. Nothing is inevitable or guaranteed and most people would argue that price movements arenā€™t even predictable in the short term.

1 Like