I'm totally new, looking for general advice

Hi,

Iā€™m very excited to have discovered this app.

Any advice is welcome. I have just popped Ā£5 on to start with. To have a play.

I did try searching for British vineyards but I couldnā€™t get any search results, does anyone know if any small businesses selling shares?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @VickiDee welcome to the forum :wave:t2:

Starting small is a very good idea so firstly weā€™ll done for not jumping in to fast. Freetrade have put together some material to read through to help you pick what you would like to invest in Here.

Before you start too much the best thing you need t work out is what your goals are and how long you want to invest for.

Next you need to decide how much risk youā€™re comfortable with, smaller and early stage companies are often riskier than bigger established ones (very broadly).

When did you sign up? Have you got your free share yet?

1 Like

Thank you, I just signed up on the app and donā€™t know anything about a free share!

1 Like

Oh! If you got referee you for a free share but itā€™s not a big deal.

Are you happy to share your user sign up number? Itā€™s only useful for some of us who crowdfunded Freetrade. Click on your profile in the top right and it looks a bit like this

Another thing which youā€™ve alluded to but I didnā€™t mention is a good way into investing is to buy stock in companies you know, use and like. This help you learn the ropes while being at least familiar with what a company does.

1 Like

I would just recommended just investing in ETF - Nice & Simple

1 Like

Thank you, Iā€™ll look into that

1 Like

ā€¦ deleted

2 Likes

Thank you :ok_hand:t2:

You can also search this thread for beginner questions and donā€™t be afraid to ask if you get confused. Weā€™re a (broadly) friendly bunch.

I would be cautious about sharing your complete number, for reasons of security/privacy/fraud. You can re-share it but blurring the final two digits (thereā€™s an option to blur in the upload process, I understand).

1 Like

Hi @anon51767692 the user number has no baring on security for accessing the app.

When i started i kept it simple bought IUKD ā€¦been a fave since, tracks dividend stock, pays 1/4ly dividend and 0% purchase tax. I personally tend to play around in the AIM market something like BUR or AVCT seem to give a nice rollercoaster ride for newbiesā€¦ going up then down and hopefully back up. Again no ā€œtaxā€ to lessen your purchasing powerā€¦ all money goes on shares!!. My inital biggest mistake was not realising there was a buy/sell price and a gap in-between where most of my initial money fell into.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.