Agronomics 🌿🥩 ANIC - Stock Discussion

It is indeed niche, no questions there, but that doesnt make it less valuable. A month ago Mellon purchased an additional million shares.

I don’t see where the money has been wasted, since all companies are not yet in the market place.

Although we disagree sharply on the value of ANIC as a long term investment, in the short term, the long investors need the short investors. Until the third quarter of 2024 I suspect it will be a safe short bet which helps the long term investors mop up more shares at a discount. I earmark late 2024 as that is when Liberation Labs (milk) will be opening their factory. It should be noted that cell. ag. milk has been used in diabetic medicine for around 50 years.

I think the short bet is on the proviso that cell. ag. ‘meat’ wont be in the supermarket any time soon. Yet, meat for human consumption is only a third of the portfolio’s aim.

ANIC funded company cuts creation process from three weeks to eight days. Added news on scaling up production

https://agfundernews.com/🎥-meatable-ceo-we-believe-we-have-the-fastest-process-in-the-field-to-make-cultivated-meat

£60m raised since 2018, no product in the market yet, no revenues,

Cultivated meat is not working, its incredible how much money have been wasted by smart people in this sector.

1 Like

I think there is a lot frustration that is tacked on by the plant based gold rush.

But this kind of thinking on three non sequitors. A) plant based gold rush is an alternative to meat, B) negative sentiment based on scale. And C) no revenue.

The non sequitor for A is clear insofar as cell. ag. meat is meat and therefore not an alternative. B and C are more or less the same: The technology is not there yet, no one in the industry is making the claim that it is. This is essentially why ANIC is such a good target for short selling and by extension a good long term prospect. If ANIC was only meat and was only focussed on the supermarket then it would be sensible to short for the next decade. But it is food, pet food, dairy, clothes and cell infrastructure. That last component (Wild Microbes) possibly being the most exciting for the whole industry and those focussed on the supermarket angle.

One of the main blockers for this industry where meat production is concerned is the cost of the cells that form the building blocks of meat.

This new research centre is a massive stride forward in cancelling out this concern

ANIC investee first in the globe to recieve safe to eat approval from the US dept. Of Agruculture (USDA)

It is happening. The green light to serve Upside Foods arrived today. Cultivated chicken will be on the menu of Michelin star Bar Crenn in San Francisco

Another huge statement here. Pets at Home invests in Good Dog Food. Pet food cultivated meat company and ANIC investee. Whilst the UK is slow on the uptake on human food tech, apparently not so when it comes to Fido and Garfield.

News of more progress on the approval front, this time in Australia. It would be a surprise if cultivated meat is on the supermarket shelves in 12 months and contra to the ANIC approach, which is high end first.

Don’t have much hope for this with the Ultra Processed Food conversation getting traction

Comparing cultivated meat to ultra processed food (upf) is probably a bit similar to comparing night and day. The sentiment does makes sense insofar as we recognise them both involve significant processes to make the product.

The important difference, however, being that a cultivated chicken dinner is bioidentical with a chicken and upf foods are anything but identical to the thing they appear to be.

Also, upf food is made to cut corners in terms of cost. And again, entirely the opposite is true when it comes to cultivated meat. The first place you will be able to buy cultivated meat in a resturant in the states is a Michelin star resturant.

1 Like

Interesting points - yet this is the McPlant:

Beyond Meat also were partnered with KFC but no longer being sold they now use Quorn, I wonder why

Exited my position a while ago, will keep tabs on it as I did once believe in it but I now think its just hype

This is indeed the popular argument but serves, in terms of reasoning, as the opposite approach to ANIC strategy. The first aim is not to flood the market but to create demand by going high end. Their product as above will be high end resturants. One only needs to note that one of their initial partners was a company making Blue Fin tuna. Try as you might, you will not find this fish dish down your local Tesco. Also, the aim is not to be an alternative or beyond meat. I mean you get a McPlant burger because you want something that is not meat. A cultivated meat burger is meat.

The hype argument is a non-starter. Consider this: two weeks ago the US approved for the first time in history two companies products safe for the market. Unless your daily rag is Forbes, it was easy to miss this news. One of the companies is a ANIC.

Added to this ANIC success is not determined by the success of a burger or chicken dinner in the supermarket, they are also: leather, milk, pet food, microbes and energy.

I think if you are in on this one you cannot think bull or bear. You have to think penguin. Sit on the egg, and it will hatch.

A very helpful survey of the scientific scaffolding of cultivated meat from MIT Tech review. In particular, useful in putting to rest some of the spurious claims made in a non peer review article earlier this year.

The article outlines the basis for the charges against climate benfits of cultivated meat and tests the hypothesis against the actual process. It also very helpfully underlines the industry line on mass production.

Interesting article about the risks and the inevitable bad end of the lab-meat bubble:

There has been no bubble. Nor even has the bubble admixture been prepared. I would go so far to say that the concept of a bubble in this area of the market has yet to be discovered. It is currently, bubbleless.

Consider last month’s news of the green light of cultivated meat as fit for sale in the US. No word in daily press.

Market conditions (interest rates especially) are having a pronounced affect on AIM instruments. I think ANIC is in for it in this regard for another 12 months, at least. But the genie is effectively out of the bottle now on meat, milk, fish, clothing and pet food (Pets at Home just put in a few million quid).

The unsubstantiated negative press will undoubtedly impact share price but what is not to love about a discount.

its a bubble when $$$ have been invested in a sector not yet regulated, with 0 revenues, no proven product-market fit, with big question marks about if consumer will embrace the innovation.

For those reasons in my opinion the cultivated meat market is in a big bubble that is already deflating.

And the revenue issue you underline is the precise reason there is no bubble. You need a market place before you can start up the bubble machine. Consider the housing bubble without any houses. And so far we have a green light only in Singapore and the USA.

It’s way too early to make that claim. ANIC are saying it, the companies invested are saying it. It is only the slow news day articles or non peer reviewed essays or far right politicians making these claims. I am, however, enjoying this lively discussion.

A scientist reviews traditional farming and cultivated meat farming, includes a tour of Upside and a taste test. Usefully objective insofar as it includes challenges relating to scale.

Investor bubble…Not sophisticated investor (like the guys of Agronomics) are wasting $$$ money in a sector without Product/Market Fit…

The truth about Lab Growth Meat (Real Science). Its not going to work:

1 Like