Airbnb - ABNB - Share Chat

Christ… what’s happening with the price?!

it’s correcting

Was way too expensive. I planned on buying in but refused at that price.

I won’t consider unless below 100

13 Likes

Got In. The entry point today is pretty.

Sorry that might have been me. I just sold my ~8 shares and took a ~£100 loss. I think it has the potential to be priced at its peak crazy level, but I think it’s going to take some serious earnings results after the Covid Era to justify that price… and I don’t feel like tying myself to it for that long.

I wouldn’t be surprised if, down the line, major hotel chains start listing their rooms on there as well… of course dependent on AirBnB even wanting them on there.

1 Like

Around $90 seems where the risk reward makes sense. Unreal seeing buy-in’s during this environment at $150+.

Somebody posted here that the lockup period was Spring 2021 (March). Would be good to check back after then.

(Dyor)

2 Likes

I echo the sentiments above. Still too much froth and won’t be looking to buy in unless it falls to nearer $75.

6 Likes

I bought one share and sold as soon as I saw the dip.

1 Like

Groupon doing well I recovered my loss through their stock

Buy and hold for the long term.

It sounds like everyone was expecting it to keep going up and make a quick profit.

Its a relatively new business and in a post covid world it could do really well.

You only realise a loss when you sell.

8 Likes

True I agree going to buy again at lower price :)! And hold is much better

They already have a section of their website for hotels but they specifically exclude chain hotels. To quote:

We welcome listings hosted by professional hospitality providers on Airbnb as long as they offer unique spaces and personal hospitality to the Airbnb community.

2 Likes

Ah I didn’t know either of those facts thanks. Of course, things change once a company is no longer privately held and shareholders start demanding things!

I don’t think it would be a good move for the brand but I think it would be a great revenue earner for the company and a way for the hotel chains to try and claw their way out of the pandemic.

The idea certainly makes sense for the hotels; they’re already all over price comparison websites so AirBNB could just be seen as another price comparison website.

It could perhaps launch as a sub-brand to capture both ends of the market without harming the brand. AirBNB offers boutique hotels and personal service, AirHotel lists the major chains.

2 Likes

A jump back up today - perhaps it’s settled now?

Put my stop loss at $120 so I’m still in :joy: …just.

2 Likes

Anyone notice the market cap in android is showing as $12.94bn might just be me though @Freetrade_Team :sweat_smile:

$14.31B in iOS presently.

There are a few companies on freetrade with the wrong market cap.

Seems odd, shouldn’t it update dynamically from a reliable, external source?

1 Like