AMC Entertainment - AMC - Share Chat

How low can you go?

One app says $16 top to $5 as their guide. But so many brought based on hype they canā€™t afford to sell so Iā€™m guessing will stay where it is till they get desperate for funds. But Iā€™m no trader and just guess.

1 Like

What app is that?

Itā€™s nonsense from Yahoo and the other MSM shillbots

Revoult

Like anything you decide what you think itā€™s going to do.

Good news for late to party price gone up again.

Canā€™t remember the name but one of them has a $1 target. Enough said.

This stock lol hopefully another bullish green day tomorrow.

Canā€™t wait to see all the negative posters on hereā€™s reaction if this moons.

Love this stock.

$1 is only 35% down from before the pandemic and streaming platforms destroyed their business model.

$1.5 is a full recovery to pre-pandemic, pre-day1-Disney+ releases market cap, which feels pretty generous.

Many of those higher price targets were created when there were only 100m shares outstanding.

If people believe in short term squeeze thatā€™s fine, but I donā€™t understand arguments that this stock is worth 35X what is was in 2019 based on fundamentals.

6 Likes

Iā€™d argue it has already been through the short squeeze to get from 2-4 to 50-60 usd. Some on here will disagree.

For all those people claiming about shillbots etc there is also no escaping that the ape side of things has also been highly manipulated.

2 Likes

Howā€™s it been through a short squeeze when they still havenā€™t covered their shorts? Lol

Price got to this point through FTDā€™s and fomo buying.

2 Likes

The fundamentals of AMC are terrible in all honesty. Most people are here for short squeeze. This stock doesnā€™t go off fundamentals or technical analysis at this point.

1 Like

Completely agree, as I said short term all bets are off and analysing the company is a waste of time.

Thatā€™s why I think itā€™s disingenuous to point at price targets from analysts that are based on fundamentals and mostly published in 2020 when there were 1/5th the number of shares outstanding. Hardly any sell side analysts are covering this stock so itā€™s no wonder the ratings are messy.

2 Likes

Disingenuous to whom? The analyst with a $1 target or the analyst with a $16 target?

How do we get to an Underperform Recommendation Rating from these numbers too? Iā€™m a bit baked, am I missing something?

All of them, they werenā€™t trying to predict these short term events they were trying to assess the fundamentals of the company at the time they were written. That $1 target from MKM was in Feb 21 which actually makes it equivalent to the $4 targets in 2020 and more bullish than some of the lower 2020 targets.

For what itā€™s worth I think these targets are often pretty meaningless, trying to distil research into a single price is always going to be flawed (like trying to convert a film review into a 1-5 star rating) and there are many legitimate criticisms of them, but donā€™t try and pretend they are something that they are not.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what you think Iā€™m trying to pretend they are?

Edit to add what I do think they are. I think theyā€™re meaningless. The thing with review ratings for movies is weā€™ll get enough ratings to get to a decent averageā€¦

Has anyone here brought more shares at current prices since people are so sure price is going to go crazy.

Not since May, I like my Ā£7.11 avg too much lol. Iā€™ve got quite a small amount though, am a GMEā€™r for the main.

1 Like

Iā€™ve bought at all price points, highest was $57.

Iā€™m going to buy more today.

4 Likes