AMC Entertainment - AMC - Share Chat

Panicked and sold half my shares for a small loss and now it’s back in the green today. Typical :roll_eyes:

Holding on to this second half for dear life now, gotta make that loss back :joy:

5 Likes

I’m holding mine till whenever they reach at least the sun :sunny::joy:

I did the same!

Price targets based on fundamental analysis is not shill lol. Anyone that can do DCF model can get those same numbers, there is no trick and no manipulation…

1 Like

Have another little read and kindly point to where I said it was. I answered which app the info came from and I replied describing the likes of Yahoo.

I did check again. You called Yahoo Finance shillbots and said the price targets were “nonsense” therefore I commented that those targets were based on a bit more than just shilling.

Does Yahoo Finance come up with the targets? You seem to be getting caught up in the semantics of the English language.

No, ofc not, they just compile them but I was focusing on the price targets being “nonsense”. It is not semantics, I am simply saying that getting those price targets is not a shill excercise, it’s fundamental analysis, my valuation model is not trying to deceive me and I am not using it to trick anyone. I just wanted to point it out because it is a common thing to assume anything that doesn’t agree with you is nonsense, this is called bias.

1 Like

Oh so you’re trying to educate me in the ways of MSM and analyst groups? I assumed condescension what with your added LOL.

David, just look at the entirety of the market and tell yourself it wasn’t set up to benefit you. Because it wasn’t.

1 Like

I’ll say it another way, saying that AMC has a value under $16 based on cash flows, growth, industry trends has nothing to do with MSM and it is not surprising to anyone, it just maths and some financial knowledge. Assuming that MSM is trying to manipulate by saying the intrinsic value is lower than current price is what made me lol.

https://invezz.com/news/2021/02/26/retail-analyst-10-price-target-on-gamestop-is-overly-generous/

And would you look at the top 2 ‘related’ posts on that page… Shillbot Supremo Cramer and another Pump n Dump, Newegg.

Cramer is a good example, WSB loves/hates him depending on wether he is with or against them. I’ve seen the cycle many times since I started following wsb in 2015. Bias.

But the $10 PT above garners no reply from you. The crux of what we’re speaking about. I should have not replied again, gave you an out.

Not been to WSB since February but I can tell you Cramer is despised on all GME related subs.

Well, that is an opinion piece without any evidence apart from saying, fundamentals “are terrible”, which atm they are.
But the writer has an opinion which is different (only slightly tbh) to mine but that doesn’t mean his opinion is not valid and that he is a shill.

I have done my own calculation and trust it enough to not get emotional by opposing opinions. The problem is most people here only started investing this year and might not feel the same way, and think they are being deceived but this is how investing works.

You already said you think the market wasn’t set up to benefit you. But I definitely don’t fell that way after being at this for long enough. And at the end of the day if you want to beat most HFs all you have to do is invest in the S&P.

1 Like

Until we have enough of a subset that we can ascertain a fair target then they are individually meaningless. Opinion pieces like this, recommendations, PT’s or the like shouldn’t be allowed. Let’s all get up in arms about the Redditors that have lost money due to reading xxxx or someone seeing a few rocket emojis in here but no one cares about Cramers obvious duplicity, etc. At what point is it ok to revisit a previous PT/Recommendation and call someone bad at their meaningless, unnecessary job?

This is how it has always been, different opinions make the markets. Price targets on their own are pretty useless, I agree, but I still update my valuations every quarter and my own values can change drastically sometimes. So changing a reccomendation on a highly volatile stock that increased 700% in 7 months is not surprising.

Some Redditors also made money because they manipulated others to buy at any price and/or got lucky. This is why I think people should be educated before they jump in just because Reddit, Cramer, or whoever told them to do it and did the DD for them. When I started investing I was told I needed to read books and follow the market for 6 months before buying my first stock, and even then I still made mistakes, but those mistakes are my own and I don’t blame anyone else for them.

3 Likes

I’d love for you to show me one instance of someone blaming a Redditor for their losses? Who do you think has lost except fools playing options. The price is in the green for around 2/3 of buyers. The rest are waiting patiently to get picked up, and having a good joke about it too! Do you frequent Reddit often?

Sorry but it is very TRUE that some, only some, redditors tell the world that it is 100% going to the moon and manipulate it to sound fool proof.

Some other people then take it as gospel and then lose money. Every time it peaks they say I bought X amount more as just the beginning so buy, buy and more buy etc.

And yes there will be others doing the reverse but to deny it is happening is well mad or something a shill would say :joy:

1 Like

Sorry but you are the one that mentioned the redditors that have lost money. I am simply talking generally about how people like to blame everyone but themselves, like MSM.

And you said it yourself, in the green for 2/3 of buyers, so there are some losers at the moment.

It seems that people love to brag on forums when price is high about how they just bought last week and say they are happy that they sold yesterday after the price dips…