AMC Entertainment - AMC - Share Chat

Exactly! I trust Adam Aron. He said it perfectly “I prefer Apes over Lizards”.

2 Likes

All CEO’s hate anyone who isn’t backing them. A short seller is basically saying they do not think the company, and by extension, the CEO is any good.

4 Likes

Today was really weird.
Got APE on my account and the day was horizontal, i mean flat line all across the board.
Well i guess I’m buying more.

3 Likes

There is an interesting arbitrage opportunity if you’re willing to ride out the time.

Speaking on CNBC’s Halftime Report on Tuesday, hedge fund manager and famed short-seller Jim Chanos said he has taken an arbitrage trade on AMC Entertainment, buying the new APE preferred shares and shorting AMC common stock.

Chanos said he believes they “should be the same price, or roughly the same price … Functionally, the two securities are the same. And I’d guess the apes will be putting pressure on Mr. Aron, if the discount continues, to make it freely convertable sooner rather than later,” Chanos told CNBC

Sauce - Matt Levin’s Substack newsletter Money Talks. Sign up here for a fantastically in-depth daily read. It’s just like Honey except written by a former banker/lawyer who doesn’t include any memes.

5 Likes

Hi guys, this is really strange, so my profits and losses haven’t changed since I have this stock :thinking:

FT’s systems don’t know how to handle/report profits on a stock that came in with a market price but didn’t actually cost you anything, I’m guessing.

No they didn’t cost anything, so obviously glad that they are down but won’t be happy if they get in a squeeze and end up not getting any profits :+1:

When you sell you’ll get the cash for them, same as any other share. It’s a display quirk is all

Looks like everyone selling

That’s what they want you to think!

2 Likes

Duck that I’m buying the dip. And if it dips some more I’ll buy that dip and so forth. Average down

2 Likes

I thought the whole point of the APE issue was to flush out any mischievousness?

2 Likes

I think the shares are now at what most people said they should be worth at around 9 dollars for AMC. Ape shares are now giving us that bonus at 5 dollars per share I made big money from it so I’ll keep both and see where we go

1 Like

AMC-Preferred-Dividend-IRS-Form-8937-Signed.pdf (1.8 MB)

Possible explanation as to why $APE shouldn’t have a cost basis of $0.00 and that the cost basis of $AMC as a result should be lower.

When APE starts to run I’m sure they’ll update/increase the cost average to whatever it was on the 22.08.22

1 Like

The investment gain/loss calculation is a little bonkers for APE on Freetrade

I purchased additional APE recently and my gain is showing as: +xxx,xxx.xx%

With an Average Share Price less than a penny:
£0.xxxx

Is this calculation going to be adjusted to provide an accurate gain/loss?

1 Like

Is it just me or is both the buy and sell buttons been inactive for the last week. Having to log in and out multiple times to be able to click on them

Why do I have to upgrade my plane to buy ape and not amc?on etoro you can just buy. Is it free trade cashing in on the potential of ape buyers.
Just a general question as obviously I will buy on etoro rather than upgrade.

1 Like

Pretty sure was update on this and its type of shares. Why normal amc is different.

Cant wait till goes moon :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

Might be some time for that