AMC Entertainment - AMC - Share Chat

I LIKE THIS STOCK!

LET’S GO AMC!!!

1 Like

To the moon?

1 Like

Who knows, but its $63 and climbing, that’s some nice gains right there.

2 Likes

How diligent or due the information is isn’t really the main thing here, so long as the information is driving the price up at this speed… As far as this monkey knows, anyway :woman_shrugging:t2:

Sj

1 Like

$67 is where it failed last time (twice), that will be the next test.

3 Likes

$64 :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

We’ve only just turned the engine on :smirk::smirk::rocket: haha

1 Like

Make sure there is alway a pound in the meter to keep it going

2 Likes

Not really as this “DD” comment stemmed from you thinking not much “science” was being applied to AMCs future. Whether it’s a meme stock or not you can use different DD/theorys/research to give a basic guidance to see it’s trajectory. Like I said there’s a lot of smart people about :smile:

1 Like

That’s not what I said, nor even a reflection of my thinking or concerns.

My point was simply that it seems that a lot of people aren’t doing any due diligence themselves, rather they are relying solely on strangers on the internet to tell them they when should buy or sell.

The point of doing DD is the understand the risks you are taking and to establish your own entry and exit points. Getting other people’s opinions can help inform this decision, by pointing out things you might have overlooked, but it shouldn’t replace doing the analysis yourself.

1 Like

Educational Posts

people are planning to sell when the shorts have covered afaik. not after someone on reddit tells them too. has that cleared this up for you now? seems like youre the one not doing any real DD into this short squeeze play

2 Likes

After the shorts have covered is too late, who is going to buy them at moon prices if not the shorts?

5 Likes

good point. if people exercise put options at moon prices wont market makers then be forced to buy at those prices?

Also, you’re right. I’ve taken my small profit and no longer care what happens, other than having concern that some people could lose a lot of money. Maybe I could make more money, but to me it’s not worth the risk.

2 Likes

Yeah, but it will cost you a fortune to buy Put options at those prices

im not an expert in derivatives/options but if everyone is planning to sell at the same point as these people exercise these put options, wont they make back the fortune they paid to buy those put options at those high prices? at that point in time the price will be at its highest imo, so being able to sell shares at the highest price before the price rapidly returns to a more fundamental level (at probably around $20-30?) should make it a profitable trade to make.

but yeah maybe youre right and apes shouldnt wait to all the short positions cover, maybe its best to sell off when the short percentage is at around 1-2%

no, let’s for example says it gets to $1000, no one is going to sell you a Put option today to sell for $1000 for a premium of less than $1000. They won’t sell you an option that is guaranteed to lose them money.

Timing it is going to be the hard part, when shorts have covered everyone is going to want to sell at once and no one will want to buy. it will drop like a stone

2 Likes

so could they sell you a put option with more than $1000 premium? if it went from $1000 to $100 would paying a >$1000 premium be profitable for the trader?

You’d have to look at the options and work it out. but a $1000 put is so far in the money at the moment that they would want a fortune for it. If the price was above that at expiry it would be worthless. It wouldn’t be worth the gamble

3 Likes