Any thoughts on Nikola as the the sidekick to Tesla ❓

From what I understand Nikola has no physical assets apart from other folks money and a few renderings of proposed vehicles ect and orders what’s people’s thoughts :question:

1 Like

I’d be shorting if i could do so easily.

2 Likes

I wpuldnt touch them with a pooey stick personally. They’ll be throwing in around a further 50 million shares soon for dilution and as youve said, they have nothing. Even the prototype doesn’t actually function with hydrogen yet.

Don’t get wrong, I’m behind all types of sustainable energy and a future as such but these guys…to much mouth and hype for nothing atm. I wish them luck! And depending how they sit (if they’re still alive) I’d invest way in the future.

Vapourware

1 Like

Trust me they won’t succeed (random guy from internet :joy:). Their hydrogen fuel cell technology will never become mainstream meaning the invest spent on bringing those vehicles to market is worthless. Their talking about building hydrogen stations which will cost a fortune. Using electricity to split water into hydrogen and oxygen. This process is energy intensive and eventual conversion to the wheels of the car costs 80% of the energy due to conversion processes. Their CEO is all over the place continually contradicting himself, first he said everything was vertically integrated meaning all done in house then he turned around and said everything has been outsourced including the manufacture of vehicles. How can they directly manage delivery of products to market and control costs when everything is outsourced. Also they said there battery is considerably better than Tesla’s but back tracked and said they had proven it at small cell level but not for a whole car/truck battery pack. This seems like a big Ponzi scheme.

1 Like

It you could, I’d definitely tell you no to short it! The market can stay irrational much longer than anyone could stay liquid!

2 Likes

I think they will succeed, but I can’t convince myself to buy-in at the current price, crazy when they don’t have any kind of product yet

I’ve been riding the delusion waves carefully for some small profits but that company has no actual future as far as I can tell. It feels like smoke and mirrors and it wouldn’t be the first time a charismatic person with a “potentially brilliant” idea turned out to be 100% fake. See Theranos as the biggest example in the last few years. There’s a 1 in 100 chance it could be genuine, but if you want to play that, I think you’re gambling, not investing.

2 Likes

I think the question is not ‘in or out?’ but what is the risk to assign to it ie how much of a long shot. Going all in would seem insane, but so is staying out entirely because pumping money into hydrogen might have benefits to the sector as a whole. Is the global economy going green? You bet your arse it is, so what is the company’s place in that, and how important is this company are the main considerations for me. This is why the CEO doing strange things is important, because he could just run off and live on a nice island somewhere and leave the company in the breeze with the shareholders holding an empty bag

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.