Apple WWDC19

It’s almost time for the Apple Event! :green_apple:

Here are some of the things expected to be announced at World Wide Developer Conference 2019:

• Details of iOS 13 with dark mode, improved Face ID
  • A brand new A13 processer to power the iPhone 11
  • More details on the Marzipan project which will allow developers to release iOS apps on Mac
  • An update to the Mac Pro

And the big one:

• The closure of iTunes, with three new apps focused on streaming for music, TV and podcasts :open_mouth:

You can watch the live stream here:

What are you hoping Apple will announce this week? :popcorn:

6 Likes

Apple Credit Card in the UK… :drooling_face:

…one can dream :sweat_smile: .

3 Likes

Starting now :popcorn:

1 Like

I think Tim Apple was more hyped about having song lyrics on screen than he really should be

2 Likes

Those Apple Watch faces and calculator are cool!

2 Likes

They’ve finally made Apple Watch something I’d consider. It’s more stand alone now then just a phone extension

2 Likes

The Mac Pro with full everything is insane. Unfortunately all I can think of is mac cheese grater :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Even the audience of hardened Apple fans gasped at this :laughing: :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

It’s clearly not designed for mere mortals

How much does the fully customised version cost with full everything? Might see if I can persuade my boss I really need one :joy:

1 Like

Interesting concept that developers will soon be able to develop an app across iOS, iPadOS and MacOS at the same time. Would be interesting to hear Freetrade’s input on that. Would be cool to have Freetrade on Mac and iPad.

Also I feel like Apple are going after Facebook’s lunch one step at a time.

2 Likes

Aside from the insanely priced Mac Pro stand, I reckon Sign in with Apple could be big for them in future. From a privacy point of view, it seems a pretty clever move:

4 Likes

Looks like Freetrade works in iOS 13 :+1: . It did force me to log in again though.

2 Likes

But the stand is a proper piece of engineering. Give it a week and there’ll be a £50 version on eBay :grin:

Sign in with Apple and the virtual card style email addresses seem like great features.

3 Likes

Sign in with Apple is very nice. Although it does make it a lot harder to switch away from Apple, since you end up with lots of random email addresses for your logins.

When it comes to the business side of things, the improvements to AR Kit got me wondering when Apple will consider AR good enough to release Apple Glasses. I know I’d buy them :smile:

Really liked the sign in with Apple and also looking forward to this:
https://www.theblockcrypto.com/tiny/apple-set-to-introduce-cryptokit-in-ios-13/

1 Like

Sorta the point :joy: and I know for one their existing features mean I won’t be switching anytime soon… even though I would really love a google pixel :heart:

2 Likes